ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hidden Folder - C:\Uploads ???

Just doing a virus check and it's taking ages scanning this folder so I thought I'd look what it is....

Contains over 6gig of crap from what I can see!

Anyone know what exactly it is, and more importantly, is it save to delete it all?

Thanks

Tom

Looking closer, they all seem to be compressed folders with a setup file inside.

There's almost 10,000 folders though!

Please someone say I can just delete them lol.....

sounds like I can delete it ok then.....

all folders seem to have been modified in the last two weeks or so?

strange!

Megane Mk4
No folder like that in the root of my C: drive.. must be yours only
(pre-built ?)
Although I have got about 5.2 Gig sat on my desktop ;)

Folder was only created on the 19th of december?

Reading some other bits on the net some guy has the same thing and it's creating about 500zip files on every boot-up.

Probably why mines been taking a while to load up lately....

Anyway, I've deleted it all and am doing an onine virus scan now!

I had one!! it was a virus and everytime i deleted it would come back! but eventually got rid!

Bus w**ker
Don't do an online scan.

Get to grisoft.com and d/load the free version of AVG. Install it. Do an update and a full scan, making sure to set the options to scan every file including hidden ones. Also a spyware scan with either Spybot Search and Destroy or Adaware and install Spyware Blaster too...oh and sack Internet Explorer off and get on Firefox.

JJ! said:
I had one!! it was a virus and everytime i deleted it would come back! but eventually got rid!

The online scan came up with a few little virus's but I thought it had sorted it.

Boot up was slow again this morning and the folder has come back, with 492folders and 380odd meg of crap!

Deleted again lol!

*Off to d/load AVG.....*

Ok, got AVG scanning and doing it's stuff!

But I've found another hidden folder

C:\System Volume Information

Which contains about 5000files in loads of folders and is about 5gig ish!

Is this a normal folder or another dodgy one?

RB 182
Don't get rid of "C:\System Volume Information" that's a folder that Windows uses.

List some of the files that are in the Upload folder, I've done a search and it might be Spyware.

Upload folder has stayed deleted now after AVG has worked it's magic!

I'll leave the System Volume one alone....

Cheers people!