ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

High mileage 172 cup

Weeman sucks ****
Following on from the thread about buying a 71k 172 cup, I need some info from anyone with the knowledge.

My cup is now on 56,000 miles and due to a new job I cover a lot of miles. For the time being I need to keep my cup as I can't really afford to change just yet.

So, apart from the major services, tyres, brakes etc that will cost me (and I'm aware of) are there any other areas I should look out for in the long run? Anything potentially serious or expensive that might occur...anything you people know about??

The car's enough fun for me, runs well and still makes me grin so no need to change for those reasons. Just potential financial nightmares.

Cheers

p.s. I do the odd trackday lol.

Lionel Richie
erm, the top end's get a bit leaky, but nowt major

cam seals, head gasket and rocker cover all start seeping oil eventually (65K on Yoz's IIRC)

Timing belt from Renault will cost you £500 approx to get done- thats is your bothered about a Renault stamp for it. Get it cheaper elsewhere, and wont need it till 72K I think.

I've just bought a mk1 172 with 127k on it, only major thing thats had to have done before is gearbox, which was done on about 110k