ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

High mileage trophy

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
I

And for the comments about a Trophy should be driven and not detailed well 1 its pretty easy to do both and 2 grow up and stop finding soft arguments to insult people who happen to have a different opinion.

FLOL you need to grow up. It's called having a 'opinion' :rolleyes:

M2 Competition
I can't decide on what its worth to be honest.

A lot of people are saying they would give more but 170k is a hell of a lot of miles.

Just think of how many times its been filthy then had a sponge rubbed over the paint? How many stone chips on the bonnet. People are mentioning just get the front shocks done. Well what about the rears and what about the spings? They are a bleeding fortune too.

Then you have got the air con. The pump and compressor etc can't have much life if any left.

Dont get me wrong I dont think the car is worthless but its not the bargin some people think it is. IMO it is a fair price and I'd take mine on 19k for £7800 anyday.

How do you come to that conclusion??

More miles = more dirt = more cleaning = more swirls

Wow

I've got the keys and as expected it needs a "bit" of work but I may have to declare it SORN as mot is due Wednesday 14th and I need to get the shocks off to BG Motorsport.

Mot certificate states, 7 warnings with one being dangerous (park brake efficiency below requirements 12%, luckily my drive is flat), offside rear parking brake little or no effort, front shocks leaking, front light bulbs different colour + alignment, rear numberplate light not working.

The advisories as expected are tyres, so yeah a chunk of money needs to be spent, so time to splash out and get it sorted :D.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
I've got the keys and as expected it needs a "bit" of work but I may have to declare it SORN as mot is due Wednesday 14th and I need to get the shocks off to BG Motorsport.

Mot certificate states, 7 warnings with one being dangerous (park brake efficiency below requirements 12%, luckily my drive is flat), offside rear parking brake little or no effort, front shocks leaking, front light bulbs different colour + alignment, rear numberplate light not working.

The advisories as expected are tyres, so yeah a chunk of money needs to be spent, so time to splash out and get it sorted :D.

Good stuff, all easy fixes :)

Trophy #490
I'd keep it forever personally. The mileage would put off a lot of people if you tried to sell it but look at it this way; 10 years down the line it'll have the classic, cult status and probably have average mileage and still be worth more than you paid! ;)

Brilliant cars, you'll love the experience. I know I did with mine! It's a win-win situation is this, a bit of TLC and it'll be great.

172 Cup, Ibiza Cupra
Nice buy for that price. You could buy a low milage engine, sort the rest out and still make mucho money on it.

500 Twinair
nby, have a look and work out how much it would cost you to put everything right, so its driveable again, then work out whether you would make more money on selling it for parts, bare in mind that good condition recaros go for 600 to 800, trophy wheels will always sell,400/500, the spoiler 150 ish and the splitter around 100, for that lot, ure looking at 1500 which is good.

Turbos.
Mot certificate states, 7 warnings with one being dangerous (park brake efficiency below requirements 12%, luckily my drive is flat).

You do realise you can leave it in gear?

Ignore this trollop about it becoming a classic. It's not going to rise in value much, so just strip it and make a few quid.

nby, have a look and work out how much it would cost you to put everything right, so its driveable again, then work out whether you would make more money on selling it for parts, bare in mind that good condition recaros go for 600 to 800, trophy wheels will always sell,400/500, the spoiler 150 ish and the splitter around 100, for that lot, ure looking at 1500 which is good.

I'd prefer not to break it as it would mean another rare car has vanished from the roads but I get what you are saying, on the flip side if I get all the niggles done, mot'ed, it is actually taxed till this time next year so £215 saved to put in the repair fund.

As is or with money spent i've had a few offers so options are available and i'm just a pm away..

S3, Polo
You appear to have got a bargain there nby!

Get the bits above sorted - very easy, if pricey for the suspension refurb - then check the belts have been done (they may have been, but I can't be arsed to read the whole thread)...

Then drive the bloody thing, don't sell it!

belts were done at Renault around 80k and 130k, ill grab some pictures in the next hour or two.

Trophy #490
You do realise you can leave it in gear?

Ignore this trollop about it becoming a classic. It's not going to rise in value much, so just strip it and make a few quid.

Was just about to say the same thing!

Of course it'll become a classic though. It won't rise that much in price granted, but I see no point at all in stripping it for a bit of a profit. He's bought a very rare car that's got a reputation as being one of the best for an absolute bargain. A few hundred quid to sort it out, then keep it forever!

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Holy crap I'd buy it at that price, definitely. Still looks like a £7k car from the outside eh ;)

As requested here are the pictures, I took her back on my lunch break after filling her up I took some very crappy pictures on the drive as I had to get back to work pretty sharpish.

The car needs a damn good clean inside and out but other than that im over the moon!!.

this being the best angle I could get;
DSCF0006.JPG

Recaro wear;
DSCF0004.JPG

DSCF0005.JPG

Outside;
DSCF0001.JPG

DSCF0002.JPG

DSCF0008.JPG

DSCF0007.JPG

DSCF0020.JPG

Splitter in boot;
DSCF0021.JPG

DSCF0010.JPG

:lolup:, DECENT photos tomorrow.

considering the thousands of hours of use it must have had, doesn't look too shabby at all really

seems a real bargain - hope it looks after you once you've been through it:)

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Ideal buy mate.i persoballt wud jus want to keep it.but why are peiple borherd bwr it being stripped cz its rare? At the end of the day,the more rare the other trophys will be if theres one less

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
looks like an ideal buy then from the pics, get it de-swirled and back to mint condition, get the mechanical side of things out of the way and have some cheap fun

Titanium 182
Here is from Peterlee mate, there all mongs from there thats why you cant read it lol

Yeah for the miles it has on the condition aint bad at all and its something that can be easily fixed.