ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

High mileage trophy

I've got a feeling some people may have an early heart attack if I told them the price I agreed :eek:

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Bargain of the century tbh. I would have given them that all day long for it lol. 170k in 4 years, thats just over 40k a year, not that bad tbh, i did 19k in 4 months in my 182 ....

Motorway mileage is stupidly easy on a car too. Its probably perfectly fine. Great buy :D

Just to wind Nick up, ill also give you £2500 for it ...

I haven't even taken the keys yet lol!

Loads of pics coming Friday and I may reveal the price also.

Bargain of the century tbh. I would have given them that all day long for it lol. 170k in 4 years, thats just over 40k a year, not that bad tbh, i did 19k in 4 months in my 182 ....

Motorway mileage is stupidly easy on a car too. Its probably perfectly fine. Great buy :D

Just to wind Nick up, ill also give you £2500 for it ...

Ah but would you have the money by the weekend? Could always offer more ;) Wouldn't mind getting a Trophy though in all seriousness to put back to mint condition!

Iceberg Ph1
I'd hazard a guess at between 1300 - 1500? If you did you are one jammy git :rasp:
Go on tell us, put us out our misery lol

Cue

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #274
stick an aftermarket zorst on it, refurb the sachs, major service - cam & aux belt. you're looking at around £2k, plus the cost of the car at say £1500 and you still have a car worth around £2k-£3k on top of that... bargin!

Ph2 172 Track Toy
I can't decide on what its worth to be honest.

A lot of people are saying they would give more but 170k is a hell of a lot of miles.

Just think of how many times its been filthy then had a sponge rubbed over the paint? How many stone chips on the bonnet. People are mentioning just get the front shocks done. Well what about the rears and what about the spings? They are a bleeding fortune too.

Then you have got the air con. The pump and compressor etc can't have much life if any left.

Dont get me wrong I dont think the car is worthless but its not the bargin some people think it is. IMO it is a fair price and I'd take mine on 19k for £7800 anyday.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R

A lot of people are saying they would give more but 170k is a hell of a lot of miles.

Just think of how many times its been filthy then had a sponge rubbed over the paint? How many stone chips on the bonnet. People are mentioning just get the front shocks done. Well what about the rears and what about the spings? They are a bleeding fortune too.

Then you have got the air con. The pump and compressor etc can't have much life if any left.

Dont get me wrong I dont think the car is worthless but its not the bargin some people think it is. IMO it is a fair price and I'd take mine on 19k for £7800 anyday.

They were circa £15,500 new, 4 years later it has 170k on it and effectivley bought for less than £2000

A brand new engine which i doubt it needs you could sell that on easily for 5k atleast

rps13

rear shocks are £50 each.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member

lol..

It's a hot hatch that's made for UK B roads, who cares if it has a few swirl marks, stone chips.

328, MK1 Clio 1.4

No more than any other 4 year old car?

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Someone should point this out to Rex. As he said a RS engine will only last 100k or so and need a rebuild. Anyone else remember that thread.

;)

What! Take the Trophy onto same B roads and drive it hard/have fun... Never! They should be wrapped up in a heated garage and never be driven like most Trophys. Same goes for the Williams.

;)

My Williams's and now Trophy are driven that's what there for..........

There just bloody Clio's after all

;)

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
Doubt it will have been cleaned more regularly, drive 100 miles a day on the motorway clean once every 2 weeks maybe? Drive 4 miles a day, probably cleaned every 2 weeks still,

Pointless anyway, as has been said, it's a hot hatch meant for driving,

only skimmed, but have you now bought it?

defo want to go and have a good look at it first - looks OK in the pictures and might be a bargain, but could equally be a bin. think you'd expect to have to budget on mechanicals, but it's the body and the interior i'd be thinking about - esp. if it's had a rep. sat in it, throwing chips and pie about during his lunch break

it might even have been some sort of pool car, in which case it will have been murdered by everyone who's borrowed it

Ph2 172 Track Toy
Its got 170k miles on it ffs, you expecting it to be show room condition....?

God almighty, do people not understand the term "used car"?

No I dont expect showroom and that was why I said I wunt want it?

Was that not clear???