ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

High mileage trophy

A4 DTM/iceberg cup
you f*cking beauty...love seeing a high mileage car..amazing find and one good example tbh... mileage competion is revived on CS lol

please turn this into a project thread

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
you f*cking beauty...love seeing a high mileage car..amazing find and one good example tbh... mileage competion is revived on CS lol

Go on then, 04 182 - 85K, surely one of the higher 182's? Do i get 2nd place.

OP- Amazing buy this, i wouldnt have thought twice about it.

I cant believe this thread is still going I thought it would be buried by now :sleepy:

quick update
The car is currently off road with the front suspension removed as I am trying to make arrangements for a local motor sport outfit to rebuild them asap as BG Motorsport cannot do them till mid November :mad:

I have fixed the alarm and locking problem, having two new PE2's on the front and I will be tackling the rust on the backbox shortly.

A new steering wheel has been ordered as mine looked like someone has eaten it! other than that the only outstanding problem is the handbrake and a thorough clean :approve:

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member

please turn this into a project thread

Quite a few 100k+ 172/82's on here now :cool:

nby surely you would be better off changing the back-box?

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
All those things you have listed are wear and tear?

My only concern would be the engine but it seems to be holding up pretty well, why wouldnt it i suppose!

All those things you have listed are wear and tear?

My only concern would be the engine but it seems to be holding up pretty well, why wouldnt it i suppose!

Sorry I forgot to mention that I could not get the shocks refurb'ed in time for the MOT as it was due Wednesday 14th so instead of forking out for cup shocks i'd rather just leave it where it is and use my other car until it is done properly ;) it also gives me time to tidy her up.

@Fletcher; it will be changed later but for now its staying as is :cool:

cheers for the comments and I guess I did the right thing in buying it!? ;), as for the questions on how it drives .. it still pulls like a train and the gearbox shifts smoothly with no worrying noises.

I will take it to a RR one day and see how many horses it still has..

I will start a project thread shortly after I get some pictures.

M2 Competition
I cant believe this thread is still going I thought it would be buried by now :sleepy:

quick update
The car is currently off road with the front suspension removed as I am trying to make arrangements for a local motor sport outfit to rebuild them asap as BG Motorsport cannot do them till mid November :mad:

I have fixed the alarm and locking problem, having two new PE2's on the front and I will be tackling the rust on the backbox shortly.

A new steering wheel has been ordered as mine looked like someone has eaten it! other than that the only outstanding problem is the handbrake and a thorough clean :approve:

As far as i know Mark Fish should be able to refurb them, he's just north east of the M25 mate in Harlow.

Takes an hour or so from this neck of the woods.