ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

High reving and smoking 182

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf

Coming home tonight and pull up to an island and the revs stay on 3k.This was unusual as i had ben driving normally for 20 miutes and the whole time i had no problems.

I pulled away from the island and the car stalled,i was left stranded with a cut out car and loads of people looking weird at me.I got it going and the car was really jumpy,i looked in my mirror and there was a puff of smoke.I pulled into a safe area and then tried to start the car.Nothing.I left it for a minute and then it started again and no problems.I got the car home and the fiance said she had the car sitting at 2k after driving for a while and then it went a couple of days ago.

Has anyone else experienced this kind of behaviour from their car?????

Ringing renault in the morning to get it looked at but would like any help/likewise experiences from anyone please

Advance thanks,ian

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member

I had a similar problem with my Cup last December...it turned out to be the airflow sensor/throttle housing I think.

When it went it just sat "hunting" at 2-3k rpm as it was getting no messages from the sensor IIRC.

Get it checked out/sorted ASAP before it lets you down on a motorway at 3 in the morning!

Volvo S60 T5

Its the electronic throttle packed up

Part number 8200 110 994
Price 177.50 +vat

It will show up on the clip system, I have done 2 so far one on my car and Markcups above.
Just noticed it was a 182.....
And if its not that it more than likely to be the coolant sensor they play up a fair bit on the 182s.

Clio 197

Mines doing that at the mo...

PLUS temp sensors gone again...

Any chance itll die, or can I drive another few thousand miles?!

Quote: Originally posted by ian 182 on 06 July 2005

Coming home tonight and pull up to an island and the revs stay on 3k.This was unusual as i had ben driving normally for 20 miutes and the whole time i had no problems.

I pulled away from the island and the car stalled,i was left stranded with a cut out car and loads of people looking weird at me.I got it going and the car was really jumpy,i looked in my mirror and there was a puff of smoke.I pulled into a safe area and then tried to start the car.Nothing.I left it for a minute and then it started again and no problems.I got the car home and the fiance said she had the car sitting at 2k after driving for a while and then it went a couple of days ago.

Has anyone else experienced this kind of behaviour from their car?????

Ringing renault in the morning to get it looked at but would like any help/likewise experiences from anyone please

Advance thanks,ian
i wasnt driving normally!

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

we must be lucky with 182 at the mo. changed 2 oxygen sensors and 1 injector but thats it no other problems yet. i suppose the throttle body fault etc from 172 will apply as they are the same parts after all.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf

Spoke to dealer today and booked the car in.They say its the throttle body sensor and will deal with it asap

Thanks folks.

ian

Clio 197

Just fixed mine:

Had the same idling problem, PLUS a temp sensor problem ontop.

The car had difficulty starting on many occasions... but tonight I lost my temper...

As soon it started, I booted it to the rev-limiter (stationery in a car park), and suddenly all returned to normal...

I think there was a rat stuck in the engine somewhere.