ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

High speed flat spot?

Hi all, need some thoughts on a problem with my 182.

It pulls hard and straight through all the gears and the 5k kick (vtec yo!:rasp:) is still there, however once in 5th and around 4k ish if you put your foot down the car doesn't make any progress at all and the engine note becomes 'poppy' for want of a better word. To add further mystery it doesn't always do it, usually first thing in the morning.

If it helps I always warm it up, before giving it the beans and it has been remapped with a Group N ktec joby.

Any ideas?

Any suggestions of past problems/parts to replace or check or shall I get it remapped again?

(Car is mapped with an older RS map and I have decatted, filter and CAF'd it so these things are probably coming into effect)

53 Clio's & counting
weird mate, hard to diag over the net tbh, its definatly a popping noise, not the exhaust sound resonating?

well the popping noise is the engine spluttering, mis-firing for want of better words. I find if I drop to 4th, power through the equivalent rev range that it was doing it in 5th its fine.

Trophy #473
It will do it when its cold, its a 'characteristic' of the car. perfectly normal. If it does it when it warm thats not normal.

182 cup
Mine is the same, doesnt make a popping noise! doesnt throw a light on dash either! just a flat spot after 5000rpm, dont do it all the time. im thinking it could be a fuel restriction when engine under load. where is the fuel filter on 05 plate 182, aint got a clue.