ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

TRACK TROPHY 381 – PROGRESS TO DATE

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
I know mate..... I actually fancy an AG like yours or a LY to keep track day but also road...... 🙈

So any offers for the red one on a post card to......

Volantech CC Panels
No mate we modify the original hubs that are fitted to your car. No need to mess around modifying strut casings then. Price is £650 delivered mate.
Yeah thought it would be in that region, see at this point i'm stuck because I currently run spax which I think are too soft and roll too much so ultimately, looking for less roll, do I go for some better coilovers (like Gaz Golds) with stiff springs up front to address the roll issue like the 750mc guys have done, or just get a roll centre kit?

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Yeah thought it would be in that region, see at this point i'm stuck because I currently run spax which I think are too soft and roll too much so ultimately, looking for less roll, do I go for some better coilovers (like Gaz Golds) with stiff springs up front to address the roll issue like the 750mc guys have done, or just get a roll centre kit?
Well a roll centre kit will allow the dampers to work correctly mate, so it does mean a softer spring can be used. What rate you on now?

Volantech CC Panels
Well a roll centre kit will allow the dampers to work correctly mate, so it does mean a softer spring can be used. What rate you on now?
Yea that's what I was thinking but then I just generally feel its too soft, so unless I upgrade and get something stiffer then I don't think I will feel like my issue is 100% solved (unless the difference with RC kit is that crazy).
I'm running standard spring rates (340F 230R ish I think), I have thought about getting stiffer springs but it would probably need revalving which I can't justify and I don't quite know what I could get away with without breaking them so it's an ongoing dilemma for me, and not having a big budget makes things a whole lot harder!

K_McDermott

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 230 r26
Just read through this, made epic nightshift reading, bloody epic build and it certainly gets driven properly [emoji108] need to get my cup sorted and come up to knockhill looks an awesome track.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
Just read through this, made epic nightshift reading, bloody epic build and it certainly gets driven properly [emoji108] need to get my cup sorted and come up to knockhill looks an awesome track.

Thanks mate. Yeah she tries really hard! KNOCKHILL is great fun and would certainly be worth a trip to :grimacing:

K_McDermott

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 230 r26
Thanks mate. Yeah she tries really hard! KNOCKHILL is great fun and would certainly be worth a trip to :grimacing:

I know it's not an issue with you the car being roadworthy (mot'd) but do you think the sunstrip would pass an MOT that low? Thinking of similar for mine but I use mine on the road on weekends so needs to be mot'd

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
I know it's not an issue with you the car being roadworthy (mot'd) but do you think the sunstrip would pass an MOT that low? Thinking of similar for mine but I use mine on the road on weekends so needs to be mot'd

It's a two part sun strip, that from the inside you can see through...... but short answer is NO!

It's actually the only thing that stops it being road legal, it was fully MOT'd until that went on

K_McDermott

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 230 r26
It's a two part sun strip, that from the inside you can see through...... but short answer is NO!

It's actually the only thing that stops it being road legal, it was fully MOT'd until that went on

Thought as much mate, looks awesome but I had a feeling it would be illegal

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
TODAYS UPDATE........ and it's a sad one!

IMG_3669.JPG

After 3 years of owning and making Trophy 381 my own, and to be fair something special in her own right, I loaded her up onto the trailer for the last time...... she came out of storage today and was delivered to her new owner!

I was majorly having second thoughts right up until she came off the trailer and was delivered, it's amazing how u become attached! I certainly will miss her and all the fun at KNOCKHILL!!!

......... more to follow though

K_McDermott

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 230 r26
I know the new car seen on csoc [emoji102] nice purchase! [emoji7]

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
Cheers Scott

Funny things Clio's!! They always seem to find KNOCKHILL 🙈

I'm sure this one will be no different...... I have said to myself that this will not end up as hardcore as the Trophy, strangely enough I remember saying something similar when I started with that !!!!! I have a winter to think it all out lol

scotiamr2t

ClioSport Club Member
  Mazda 2, Ph1 172
one awesome car out and another one in for both you craig and gav! Although in relation to the trophy my crystal ball says it might have another new owner before long............

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
one awesome car out and another one in for both you craig and gav! Although in relation to the trophy my crystal ball says it might have another new owner before long............
I would probably agree I think Gavs collection is outstanding, but he has to run out of space at some point!

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
I hope so mate

The AG is a different thing altogether. The trophy was kinda a one off, but I'm hoping to do something special with this as well..... I have a winter to think it through

Mixed emotions for you Craig! Gutted to see you part with your amazing Trophy however loving the fact you bought Gav's AG 200!! Congratulations

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
Th
Mixed emotions for you Craig! Gutted to see you part with your amazing Trophy however loving the fact you bought Gav's AG 200!! Congratulations
Thanks Paul, both Gav and I are the same both missing the one we had but excited about the new !!

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
Well a day spent pottering today........ not that it needed a clean but it got one anyway!

IMG_3681.JPG
IMG_3683.JPG
IMG_3686.JPG
IMG_3688.JPG
IMG_3690.JPG
IMG_3692.JPG
IMG_3695.JPG
IMG_3698.JPG

She'll be getting tucked away now for the winter and that will give me time to think of a few ways of modifying.....

2 new number plate lights are ordered, along with a new oil filler cap and screen wash bottle top (as I'm not a fan of the colour coding and prefer yellow as new look) :smile:

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Awesome motor this one.

I was so close to buying this also. If it wasn't in Scotland and closer to the midlands I would have viewed it and more than likely bought it.

Oh and this car deserves a project thread of its own :wink:

@cpaterson76

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
Awesome motor this one.

I was so close to buying this also. If it had been nearer I think I would have had it.

Oh and this car deserves a project thread of its own :wink:

@cpaterson76
It will mate..... I was noticing that it is a similar direction to you.... trophy to AG.....

Once I know its direction it will be started :up:

Track monster, with my usual detailing OCD or SHOW n SHINE with the occasional track day use......

It will be started soon :smile:

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
It will mate..... I was noticing that it is a similar direction to you.... trophy to AG.....

Once I know its direction it will be started :up:

Track monster, with my usual detailing OCD or SHOW n SHINE with the occasional track day use......

It will be started soon :smile:

Excellent buddy :)

And yes Trophy to AG to Trophy and LY (Turbo pending), lol.

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
Excellent buddy :smile:

And yes Trophy to AG to Trophy and LY (Turbo pending), lol.
Yes I was reading...... I like that idea

My initial thoughts are back to standard interior, keep it mint, but extend the safety devices rear to full cage (dash doge).... get the car up on the stands and have the underneath match the top, then play a little more with the engine....

Too many decisions.... like you I think AG will appreciate, so I'm thinking it's a long term keeper :blush:

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
Someone might want to grab themselves a Christmas bargain.... I believe it's going up for sale on CSOC Facebook 😢

IMG_3766.JPG
IMG_3767.JPG
IMG_3768.JPG
IMG_3769.JPG
IMG_3770.JPG

IMG_3771.JPG

Worth every penny I'd say :up:

It's not "for sale" at the moment, I think his mate has first dibs on it though

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
I know mate, Yumen will be wanting first dibs, he's been After it from me for ages lol :up:. I'm sure he will end up with it :grimacing:, well hopefully anyway !