ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

TRACK TROPHY 381 – PROGRESS TO DATE

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
Ahh reet sorry didn't mean to step on your toes, fair enough mate!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Lol not at all mate..... I'm hoping Yumen does get it, which I'm assured he will as I'll still see it..... not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing though....

RS200, LY182, 172cup
The car will be getting sold on purely because I've not long purchased the x85 cup car and really have no use for the trophy. Bit gutting as it's an amazing machine indeed but no point in it just lying in my garage gathering dust really.
New owner tbc as I've had mental amounts of interest in it and it's not even up for sale lol. Will keep you posted though Craig of course as to what the outcome is.
Oh and the 200 is looking awesome, very glad we came to a deal with the cars as really wanted it to goto a good home :up:

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
Guys, I've been talking to a couple of friends and fellow Clio owners (non-members) about this car and they are both curious on what sort of value would be attached to it. Would you mind sharing, purely out of interest? PM if you prefer, would be much appreciated :)

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
The Trophy ?

If it is then I wouldn't like to comment as it's not my place now..... all I can say is what ever number it is, I guarantee i had double that in building it!!

RS200, LY182, 172cup
The car is now prov sold.
I have spoke to Craig via pm about the price and we both agree it's fair for the car.
Being collected on Saturday.

getikte

ClioSport Club Member
A lad I know not far from me has just bought it....massively jealous!! It's going to a good home though, will be over to the ring and at knockhill next year I'm sure

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
A lad I know not far from me has just bought it....massively jealous!! It's going to a good home though, will be over to the ring and at knockhill next year I'm sure
Great news mate, glad to hear it and I'll hopefully get to see her again soon :up:

Storm Grey 200 turbo
Wow, just read all 16 pages from start to finish, impressive build on the Trophy, probably one of my favourite 182's to date. Awesome buy with the supercharged AG 200 though, that started life a stones throw from me when I had my AG 200, good to see it in good hands. Very keen to see what you have in store, any teasers yet?

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
Thanks mate, your comments really appreciated.

I loved the Trophy and had a lot of fun with the build, learning a lot as I went and never regretted a day of building it.

Biggest mistake I made with the build was keeping a spreadsheet of every cost and all I can say is the owner, who is collecting it at the weekend from Gav, has got a major bargain as I know the sale price

Part of me regrets selling it and if I had the room it would still be here..... :up:

My attention now is with AG and with its spec thus far the good thing is someone else has had the expensive bills already :grimacing: although the quality of the car means that I am going to have to make my mark on it an a very special way. Initially I'm thinking shows with it, I've had a few concourse cars in the past and love the cleaning and detailing bug, although this is modified and will need to be used :imp: as it has been built to! and it would be a shame to dissapoint! So floor pan clean, re powdercoat of bits as required, rear plastics put back in, possibly more original seats with a leather / alcantara trim and stitching to contrast / complement & possible a suspension upgrade..... but plans may change lol :up:..... I'll keep you posted

182 arctic
blimey been away for a month or two and all change... good luck with the new project sir, ... the outgoing - (gone) project and all your ATD was inspiring...

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
blimey been away for a month or two and all change... good luck with the new project sir, ... the outgoing - (gone) project and all your ATD was inspiring...

Thanks Andy.... I'll try and keep you suitably inspired still with the new one....:up:

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
And she's back on the market again..... lol my name was almost right :smile:

IMG_6071.PNG

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Well another sunny day, so another few items scored off the list!! by the looks of j
  • Remove air-con rad and blower motor from below scuttle (was meant to do this ages ago, but it just seemed a pain) - DONE
  • rub down front calipers and paint with high temp silver paint this time - DONE
  • new door cards to be installed to replace my hand made efforts thinking about relocating my mirror switch as i find the electric mirrros helpful for loading / unloading etc
  • Fit foot plates (have had these for a year or so now and have never been quite sure about them.... (alloy with holes in them, look pretty but cant see the point, so may have to review this. One of the other cars at Knockhill has them and do look good installed)
  • Fit Polycarb windows (front only) as i'm still unsure about these, so opted for easy swap over at this time! obviously remove associated runners & motors for weight etc.
  • cut bumper brackets off and modify front wheel wells to stop rubbing - DONE
  • fit aero catches to front bumper to stop the passengers side unclipping every outing
  • check engine bay bolts including ITB & a full check over underneath - DONE
  • lubricate throttle cable, electric cut off & fire extinguisher pull cables - DONE
  • remove battery & refurb battery tray. i have a light weight battery, but i've chosen to leave it under the bonnet as it weights 0.8kg, so the cables and wiring to relocate it inside would weigh more than the battery, hence the refurb of the battery tray (has to look pretty of course!!) - battery out, template taken and alloy bracket sized and getting fabricated
  • Oil & filter change (i change it every 3 to 4 outings, seems a little daft changing oil that still looks new but new mind)
  • change gear box oil. (not quite as bad with this it gets changed start of every year)
  • lubricate all suspension adjusters - DONE
  • change spark plugs - DONE
  • fit safety devices cage insulation
  • Think about spraying the inside, this was meant to be a winter project but as the weather was so damp & wet i could never get around to it despite having all the materials !!) - THOUGHT ABOUT IT & NO, IN NEED TO DRIVE IT IT ANGER! plus that needs to be a winter job :blush:
So other than the window change over & the Aero catches the other jobs are 20 minutes each so should be ready for track soon! :smile::smile::smile:

View attachment 150865

didn't realise the silver wheels & the R888's were getting so low, so shoved the Anthracite wheels on with the some A048's, i''l get some other 888's on the silver ones through the week.

I know Renault put anthracite Turini's on the Trophy, but i much prefer how the car looks on silver to the the dark grey

View attachment 150866
View attachment 150867

more to follow............

Reading through this again Craig, what high temp stuff did you use for the calipers? Also was it spray or brush on?

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
Reading through this again Craig, what high temp stuff did you use for the calipers? Also was it spray or brush on?
I used RUST-OLEUM stove and bbq paint Mark. Resists heat upto 650 degrees C. It was spray mate, I took the callipers off the car and sprayed them.

IMG_6568.JPG

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Ah ok buddy.

I didn't really want to take the caliper off as I don't want to rebleed them so was just going to paint them for now and buy a set later on to return and paint properly then.

I'm bound to get the spray everywhere if I do them on the car!

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
Ouch! Such a shame. This was one of my favourite Clios. I hope it can be repaired, but not good if the sill or B-pillar has taken a hit.

scotiamr2t

ClioSport Club Member
  Mazda 2, Ph1 172
Yeah it seems to have been passed about, was also up for being broken at one stage. TBH who cares you have the AG now :up:

Russ Rallye

ClioSport Club Member
I was at croft on Sunday and saw it, thought I recognised the car from here. I think he spun and an E46 collected him. Looked bad but he had every intention of repairing it. Not a good day for the clios as I blew mine up aswell!
Russ

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
I was at croft on Sunday and saw it, thought I recognised the car from here. I think he spun and an E46 collected him. Looked bad but he had every intention of repairing it. Not a good day for the clios as I blew mine up aswell!
Russ

Sounds like a bad day all round mate......

it’s worth repairing regardless, although I’m biased :grimacing:

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
Just got sent this from a mate today..... looks like she’s been repaired and back at her old stomping ground of KNOCKHILL ?

6B3336AC-0D86-4934-921D-1E453848B4F5.png

Every time I see this car it makes me wonder why I ever sold her!! Hopefully I’ll see her up at KNOCKHILL in the near future !

Anyway the new ones almost finished so hopefully that will keep me motivated......

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
Blast from the past! One of my mates sent me this link of me in the Trophy on track.... we make an appearance at 2:50..... I think he must be trying to get me motivated for this wednesdays track night.... video footage from a well modified 172...... YES I do miss that Trophy ? ?