ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hilux SR5 Project Thread

Hi, not sure if anyone's interested, its a slow diesel, but thought id make a project thread for my Hilux.

I sold the 135i as it just wasn't my thing, was alright to cruise around in when the sun was out but I'm not a BMW fan and the running costs were stupid.

DSC08964.jpg

DSC08963.jpg

So today i collected my new (to me) Hilux SR5. I've been searching for a good one in my price range for a couple of months and finally stumbled upon this one. Its a 1996 Hilux SR5 2.8L diesel dual cab ute, on 360,000K's, been serviced regularly and well looked after so the K's don't really bother me.

It currently has a few modifications, 2" lift kit, sunraiser alloys in black, roll bar, tub liner and soft tub cover, spot lights, front bull bar, electronic rust protection and rear tow bar.

Got some short and longer term plans for it, but really just want to get out and enjoy it off-road on the weekends, get over to Fraser Island, up to the rainforest etc.
- Short term i want to sort out a few dints, fix the soft tub cover which is flapping around a bit, change the SR5 decals on the sides which make it look tatty, fit a snorkel, get a 'TOYOTA' decal for the boot lid (possibly) and get the windows re-tinted. Its due its timing belt at 400,000K, so i'll get that done.
- Long term i'd like to get the wheels refurbished (not sure on colour - possibly in dark silver/anthracite to match the decals, white or black), get a Tonneau rear canopy fitted and maybe turbo the engine.

Pics:

DSC08966.jpg

DSC08965.jpg

DSC08967.jpg

DSC08969.jpg

DSC08971.jpg

DSC08970.jpg

DSC08976.jpg

DSC08974.jpg

DSC08977.jpg

Does anyone know the best way to get the decals off the side, hairdryer and a razor blade? They look fckin welded on.

DSC08972.jpg

Cheers

ITB BG 182
Could be a new type monster truck!!

Hairdryer to get the initial part of the stickers off then some tar and glue remover for the rest of the gunk!!

nice truck pal. whats electronic rust protection?

Not sure actually, theres a couple of electronic boxes each side of the engine bay that are wired up.

Could be a new type monster truck!!

Hairdryer to get the initial part of the stickers off then some tar and glue remover for the rest of the gunk!!

Cool, thanks. Im going to get the replacement decals made up then attack it.

Thanks for the comments.