ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

hit a curb, wots the damage??

clio 1.2 8v
im a newbie on here and i am quite sad that my first thread is about my broken car:(

a few days ago i hit a curb REALLY hard on a corner and totalled my front left wheel. i put the spare on and drove it home and it drives fine, in a straight line and wen u let go of the steering wheel. the brakes also work fine. i put it up on ramps to have a look under 2 see if anything looked bent or not right, everything looks fine and there is no play with the wheel off the ground.
i have now noticed that there is a noise which is definately not right. it sounds quite like a worn wheel bearing and is noticeable above about 15mph when accelerating braking and coasting.

does anyone have any idea of what could be wrong??

your help will be very much appreciated

forgot 2 mention, my car is an 06 plate mk2 clio 1.2 8v

ST
Check everything mate....track rod ends, drive shaft, suspension strut, you might not be able to see any visible damage but best having it looked at to be safe, it might need to be tracked too.

As Alan said check it all there loads of potentail damage I'd say ball joitns are likly to go and suspension arm.

clio 1.2 8v
iv just booked it into a garage 2 get it checked out. just wanted an idea of wot it cud b incase the garage try 2 have my eyes out.

cheers 4 the replies

A Fcukin Car
If it's an 06 plate isn't it under warranty? DOnt have to tell em you curbed your wheel just bout the noise!!

Adele

Megane DCi 147bhp/350nwm
i hit a curb and wrote my car off :) 35mph head on...£5,700 damage lol

D

dick

i hit a curb, 1k of damage, steering rack main culprit + lower arm etcc

Audi TT 3.2 V6
lol i also hit a kerb last year, worked out at £140 damage. new shock, wheel and tyre

clio 1.2 8v
Benson03 said:
If it's an 06 plate isn't it under warranty? DOnt have to tell em you curbed your wheel just bout the noise!!

Adele

yeh i had thought of that but the wheel bent that much it skimmed across the caliper leaving some surface scratches which i cant remove. im sure that they would mention that:S

clio 1.2 8v
nelson182 said:
Didn't know they still do 8 valve engines on the clios anymore??

its a mk2 clio campus, renault are still making them till end of 2006.
they dont do the 8valve in the mk3 tho.

clio 1.2 8v
polarbert said:
Should have gotten a mk3 on an 06 plate. How come ya didn't?

i was looking at mk2's second hand originally, but i wanted a barely used 1 and i found them brand new for £6000 so i thought it wasnt a bad buy

clio 1.2 8v
polarbert said:

i was looking at mk2's second hand originally, but i wanted a barely used 1 and i found them brand new for £6000 so i thought it wasnt a bad buy.

clio 1.2 8v
polarbert said:

i was looking at mk2's second hand originally, but i wanted a barely used 1 and i found them brand new for £6000 so i thought it wasnt a bad buy. plus i dont like the mk3 (apart from the sport:D which is out of my range)