ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hit from behind yesterday :(

Inferno 225 cup
Got rear ended yesterday, goin to a bodyshop later to get a quote of the damage.

Heres a couple of pics

C2B8944C-BA90-4C9A-9CF7-363585C1AC2E-1163-00000362AA1C050E.jpg

2114FDF9-5812-4DDC-AA1F-85F5AEF5A00E-1163-00000362AE70F1D1.jpg

7EF08C7F-FE5E-4009-8D65-9B67B174B68B-1163-00000362B4C2308A.jpg

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
Whip off the bumper and see if the panel behind is caved in... if only slight or not at all, you've been lucky.

Bumper and tailgate shouldn't be a massive ballache though.

Inferno 225 cup
Body shop not open, so took it to my mate who works for them, he's classing it as a write off, the boot has creased up exhaust has been bent.

Taking it in Monday for a full inspection but he thinks it's not worth the money to fix:(

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
Boot creased? Yip Write off. But that'll be OK, buy back, slap on a bumper and tailgate and OOOOOSH! Cheap car :)

Inferno 225 cup
Yeah it's creased, thinks that's what im going to do mate, do I need to ring my insurance company or wait till after I've taken it in?

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
Well, if it's going through insurance, just wait till they sort it mate. But they do need ringing ASAP about it. Unless the other party is settling out of insurance of course.

Inferno 225 cup
That's the thing, I told her I would get a quote from a repair shop and if it's to much for her she will go through insurance, I haven't rung mine up yet because they make a note against the claim on my part.

I don't know whether to ring up though, and tell them what happened?

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
Legally it's expected for you to. BUT, and this may well be echo'd - if you tell the insurance company you've had a prang, the other person has paid for the work and you DONT want to claim, your insurance next year goes up - as they see it that you've had an accident!

People have prangs and settle it without telling Mr Insurance, day in, day out. That alone keeps the insurance costs lower than they could be.

If you are happy to get her to pay the bumper and tailgate - and have a NON-WROTE OFF Clio that's cosmetically repaired and does the job - Do it. But when coming to sell it - the boot may be spotted and turn off an interested party.

Going through insurance - getting it wrote off, getting a huge lump sum back, repairing for cheap and driving a CAT D car around the the boot and bumper done + cash in the bank = other option. This option will see your insurance rise a little though.

Food for thought.

Clio sport 182
im a BVRLA vehicle inspector and imo youd be looking at a cost of £300 at a good body shop for them to repaint the rear bumper and for them to do some dent removal and a bit of filler and repaint on the tailgate.
could be cheaper at other body shops, but good work aint cheap and cheap work aint good.

Inferno 225 cup
The car as been classed as a write off, with all the boot lining creased, he's also said that I can buy it back :)