ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Home painted bullets, Home Baking?

02 plate 172
I've nearly finished painting the door bullets on my 172 as they were looking a bit tired. After I've laquered them is it worth baking them in the oven?

I haven't got a clue what times/temperatures bodyshop ovens run, and I'm not too keen on cleaning a great big blob of plastic from the bottom of the oven, but would like to know if it's feasible to cure the paint at home.

So, any bodyshop bods on here can tell me what gas mark and time if any? failing that, a good recipe will do;)

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
hard to say as i have never tried using the oven lol . i would go for a low heat probs lowest setting for half a hour then let it cool and harden for 15 mins some were coldish

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
Mate of mine swears by using the dishwasher to clean engine parts! Not sure his missus knows mind;)

i was very very very very close to putting my head in there when it was being rebuilt but i have a bad luck everything seems to break when i try stuff like that so i didnt bother . it does work though