ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Homebrew wax continues, new bus too. Its a Vauxhall!

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
Rightio! So the last week I had made 2 new recipies. Now, I based one on my idea of making one wax of my fave waxes that already exhist by the likes of dj, Raceglaze etc etc but one consisted of 2 waxes & 5 polishes/sealants! Turned out better than I thought tbh!

Now #8 is the Hybrid which I think is better than the last little experiments I first tried. Its quite hard but easy enough to get on the applicator and melts once its on your finger tips. Smells pretty fresh, spreads nicely and a little does go a long way as I found out! Probably used too much but hey it was a test, I know now. Buffed nicely, left a good crisp finish. I found I could leave this for a good 5-8 mins and still buffed with ease.

Now #9. I had quite a bit left over of #7 so I took 40ml of this wax (was in 20ml pots) and tweaked it. I added 2 ingrediants that I hadn't tried as of yet. Really I should have tried one ingrediant at a time but I was eager! lol. I also added a hint of chocolate fragrance :eek:

This turned out rather well, I was amazed how transformed it was from its original #7 form. This was a little harder but still softer than #8. It could do with a little more lube for application as it was a little grabby but still went on nicely.

I found this one had to be buffed straight away, as It was a little bugger after 5 mins or so but not to the point where I couldn't get it off, just needed alot of elbow grease! Also, it needed a second buff after as it reminds me of Autobrite Obsession where it was quite oily and needed a good thurough buff.
Left a good finish, quite deep and glossy tbh. Beading was sexual too! Im so hooked.

The car was cleansed, foamed, polished by hand with Lime Prime of course ;) and applied Natty's blue liquid wax as I just love it! Only the bonnet was waxed as I wanted to save the other panels for my experiments!

Anyway, pics!

homebrew188_zps7989e5ae.jpg

Hybrid #8

homebrew177_zps6d20ff35.jpg

homebrew179_zps59724ee3.jpg

homebrew184_zpse34eb4c4.jpg

homebrew189_zpsf8113622.jpg

homebrew190_zpsc4ed1fcf.jpg

homebrew191_zps8de8ffc5.jpg

homebrew194_zps3b1c2c68.jpg

homebrew196_zps2a488564.jpg

homebrew199_zps78d82b48.jpg

image_zps9042b71e.jpg

image_zpsa54d6767.jpg

image_zps9f3c4916.jpg

image_zpsc0cb8604.jpg

image_zpsf47dd827.jpg

Loads more to come

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
This is a detailing thread! Yes Its a vauxhall, yes I bought It, yes I like it, no its not your money, no its not a Clio, get over it! Really, getting boring now.

Back onto wax!

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
I had an Antara about 2 years ago.

Talked into buying it by the wife who saw it and wanted it. I hated it and it lasted about 4 months before I traded it in.

Clio MK3- Chatterbox
This is a detailing thread! Yes Its a vauxhall, yes I bought It, yes I like it, no its not your money, no its not a Clio, get over it! Really, getting boring now.

Back onto wax!

Well said.............

I love the beading shots...... Well done.. :)

​Craig

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
Bonnet looks lovely and glossy and great beading shots too! God awful car but as long as your happy for more than a week that's all that matters.