ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Honda help service Cup!

I went to my local Renault dealer to get my car serviced (12,000m) yesterday. Just about to walk away after handing the keys when the service manager clled me back. Er..........sorry, he said I dont think we have any oil ofr your car - I could not believe it (victory meldrew moment) the garage had run out of 5-40w oil and had not bothered to order any more. They tried to blam me for a lack of comunication for not telling them it as a cup. They knew it was a cup for 3 resons -

1. I fu*in told them

2. The woman on the service desk told me i should not be booking it in till 18,000miles..... theneventually agreed with me that 172/cup/183/v6 should be booked in at 12,000 (that did worry me that their own staff dont know service intervals)

3. i fu*in told them

Without boring you any more on with story - the manager could not get me any oil as he could not leave garage.

No staff could get me any oil as were all busy

In the end i went next door to the Honda garage - bought 5 litres of shell helix ultra - they are re-embursing me on Monday - the end. I am shi**ing myself at what problems are going to occur at the 24,000 mile service. I am just going through what items are needed for this serviec so i can bring the m with me in 10 months time!!!! Thanks for reading. Ade

Ford Fiesta

lol, how much did it cost you, did they replace the air filter and cabin filter?

at least they knew it needed 5w40 and didnt just bung you any old stuff in which they could have done.

One of the reasons I will be taking my own elf 5w40 with me.

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

Haha thats typical Renault BS huh. I purposely dont get my car serviced at Renault after numerous confrontations with my local dealers.

Service intervals - my lack of aircon, yet my car definately needing it looked at.... its just a joke.

The only reason they knew it took 5-40 oil is cus the manager went into the back to look it up- he didnt want me bringing the wrong oil as it way affect the warranty - he told me.

Honda garage were ace about it charged me £30,

They told me air filter was not till 24,000

Oh - forgot , car was finished being serviced - i told them that the brake fluid was very low, and did they sort it - they brought it back in straight away,top up -as never looked at it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They did not wash my car (told me that it was policy in case it got scratched - so they dont was cars when they are new, before customer picks them up)

They did not offer me a drink - they did not even apologise) w**kerS

Ford Fiesta

afaik (may have changed from your clio cup spec) the airfilter needs changing at 12K, as does cabin filter.

Ford Fiesta

Quote: Originally posted by Ade_S on 06 December 2004

should they be changed on the 12,000 service by renault, or will they be changed

yeah at the service afaik..

mate you are right have just checked in service book ... thanks - i will be making a phone call tomorrow - i am now totally pissed!

Ford Fiesta

Quote: Originally posted by CupCake on 06 December 2004

Id love someone to show me where my cabin filter is on my Cup.....

yeah if the cup dont have one then fair enough, even without aircon some clios have them. My dynamique had no air con but it had an air recirculation facility which used a filter, not sure if cup is same?

as for air filter they should know to change that, 24K is along time to go on the renaultsport engines with the same dirty filter!

what dealer was it?

a service on a clio, especially the first one is bring it in charge me £150 or whatever look at car a bit, open bonnet, couple o checks and thats it. Theyd ont seemt o care do they.

Quote: Originally posted by Jim172CUP on 06 December 2004

mine got 10-40w put in it at its 12k service
How long ago was this as the specs from Renault changed, they used to recommend 10w40

I just had mine done, Looking through the invoice, they charged me 16 quid labour to change the windscreen wipers. F*^&ing joke.

190 BHP Willy 2

To change the cabin filter:- If youve got one.

a small section of the scuttle panel unclips on the drivers side. there is a panel on the top of the heater box which slides off. the pollen filter is behind that panel.

Posted this before, but I was also told that my 182 was due to be serviced at 18k.

Then they tried to fit Contis on it (dare I imagine 195s), then filled it with 10w40. Considering I was paying £159 for this service I asked them to change it. Half an hour later, the service manager phoned from Halfords to ask would I be happy with Mobil1 as Halfords did not have any 5w40. I know that Mobil1 is not right either but by then I had been 4 hours having a 1.5 hour "while you wait" service.

Also had salesmen outside showing me where my spare wheel was when I enquired as to the location of the tyre foam back in March. They thought it was funny that I thought the car did not come with a spare but were very surprised to see no well to put a spare in.

Being fair at least no one there has given me any attitude and are at least trying to be helpful.

Rang 2 renault main dealers up today and Air filter is not changed at 12,000 - only if you ask, and pay extra - WHAT!

I think i will be buying one tomorrow and doing it myself.

Street Triple R

Quote: Originally posted by Ade_S on 05 December 2004

2. The woman on the service desk told me i should not be booking it in till 18,000miles..... theneventually agreed with me that 172/cup/183/v6 should be booked in at 12,000 (that did worry me that their own staff dont know service intervals)
exactly the same for me, they didnt have a clue about the 2.0 service intervals, Renault are rubbish

Ford Fiesta

oh dear oh dear, its absolutely stupid that renault dealers act in this way.

I would have though keeping the air filter new was important on the 182 so why should you have to ask for it changing.

Fact the oil is 5w40, the tyres are michelin exalto 2 with red dot, and the cabin filter and air filter are changed at 12K. Its the basic service for gods sake.

I cant believe they dont feel embarrassed....

Make sure you mark all parts so you know they have changed them, ive had it before they will charge you anyway even if they dont touch the part.

Ford Fiesta

It really is one of the only major things which puts me off future renault cars, Im sure if the company renault knew this they would attempt to sort them out.

ive sent renault UK a link to this thread, stating I am slowly building up all the spares I need for my car as renault dealers seem unable to supply the correct oil for the car, tyres for the car and god knows what else for the car...