ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hong Kong or Beijing enquiry

ITB BG 182
I know this sounds crazy but is anyone going to one of the above around november december time and would like to earn £100?

The lense im after being the Canon 70-200 L IS is the equivlant of £889 in them places.
I would give you £1000 and you keep the change aslong as i get the lens when you get back to the UK.

Suzuki Ignis Sport
I know this sounds crazy but is anyone going to one of the above around november december time and would like to earn £100?

The lense im after being the Canon 70-200 L IS is the equivlant of £889 in them places.
I would give you £1000 and you keep the change aslong as i get the lens when you get back to the UK.

PM'D John.

Cupra
Are you are going for the f4 or the f2.8 non IS then? I can't find any 2.8 IS for anywhere near 900!

The f4 and f2.8 can be had for around the same price here.

ITB BG 182
70-200 f4 none IS is £549 (UK) £300 (HK)
70-200 F4 with IS is £1049 (UK) £490 (HK)
70-200 f2.8 mk2 none IS is £1049 (UK) £600 (HK)
70-200 f2.8 mk2 with IS is £1999 (UK) £893 (HK)

Ideally i would want the 2.8 IS as would anyone else.

Last edited:
  Cupra
That's an amazing price for the 2.8 IS MkII (and all the others)!!! Do you have any links for it? All the HK sellers on ebay normally sell at the local rate, but none of them are anywhere close to those prices, in fact they are all almost double.... Have you been given a dodgy site?

koi

Audi S1
Lots of savings to be had buying in HK, got my folks to bring me back a 430EXII flash and saved myself £50 on that alone. Great saving considering the current exchange rate.

Cupra
Agreed that you can save a couple of hundred quid on some things, but 50% savings over global retail prices? The 70-200 f2.8L IS MkII goes for around £2000 the world over. How can it be sold for so much less in China, unless it is a blackmarket knock off. I wouldn't be taking my chances with a £500 let alone £1000.

If it sounds too good to be true....

ITB BG 182
Hmm this is what im thinking, i seen it on one of the HK website by searching on google dslr in hong kong an it gave me a list of shop, i picked the one at the top as most searched for and looked on there an it came up some thing like 10700 in HK dollars for the 2.8 IS L series.

Im now looking at some of the sigma's brand new in the UK.

Nimbus 197
Definitely won't see a £1000 saving.

I just checked...Canon 70-200mm f/2.8 IS MKII is around £1900 in UK and around £1600 in HK. You could probably get an American import in HK for about £1500ish. The MKI non IS version is around £800(HK) vs. £1000(UK). There are definitely savings to be had but could be problematic making a warranty claim, I'm not too sure.

Last edited:
  ITB BG 182
Well things might be making a change, i have not got any camera or items yet but this is all to help me make the best move as i dont want to regret buying some thing to have to upgrade or buy better within a years time.
Now trying to choose between buying a 50d and get a couple of lens's and everything for 2k or get a 7d with a small lens and hire one of the above to see how it runs with me and buy later on next year when i would get a pro lens for myself.
2k limit in total, no more.