ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hopefully got a new car, what does everyone think?

Clio Extreme 3
Hopefully trading my 1.2 16v, pearl black, clio extreme 3 in for a 53 reg, capsium red 1.6 16v dynamique.

media.jpg

Exterior wise, thinking of getting everything colour coded and having the 1.6 16v side badges done in silver, anthracite turini's, lowered 40mm all round (or possibly coilovers..not sure yet), RS front grill, v6/trophy spoiler, then a big brake kit with drilled disks

Performance wise, bluefin remap (or similar), KTEC recessed exhaust system (with sports cat) and S/S 4-1 manifold, short throw gear shift, green powerflow induction kit, and possibly a samco hose kit in blue to finish it all off

What do you guys think? Not wanting to go for a full blown trophy rep, but i think additions like the trophy spoiler and anthracite speedlines look so lush with the capsium red paint.

Hopefully with all the above mods it should also drive and handle quite bonny?

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Buy a proper sport with the money you plan to spend on modding the 1.6.......

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
So you're planning on spending about £2000 on a 1.6 Clio??

You're mental. If it was me i'd just fit coilovers and Turini's as you can easily remove them come resale time.

Just enjoy the car dude! Don't waste your money. The 1.6's are really good little cars as they are.

Clio Extreme 3
its easy enough for me to do without costing that much, when my car goes ill be putting it back to standard so ill already have 40mm springs, RS grill, induction kit

And then ill be putting my cup spoiler up for sale/swaps towards a trophy spoiler. Which, if off a trophy, will already be the exact colour i want, so no painting costs

And iv already got turini's, but in silver, so would just play the waiting game for someone with anthracite ones who wants to swap.

So that just leaves me to sort the exhaust system, brakes, remap and colour coding.

Clio Extreme 3
Buy a proper sport with the money you plan to spend on modding the 1.6.......

I wish lol, cant reasonably afford to insure a sport at 18 years old without paying near 3k insurance for just TPFT, and then id have to put even more money towards the car as id imagine a decent one would cost much more than id get for mine.

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Whats your reason for trading in the 1.2?

Id be tempted to keep it till you turn 19/20. Cheaper tax/running cost for a couple more years then buy a faster/better car.

Clio Extreme 3

Id be tempted to keep it till you turn 19/20. Cheaper tax/running cost for a couple more years then buy a faster/better car.

Just like the power of the 1.6, and the fact it comes with goodies such as A/C, electric mirrors etc which my extreme 3 doesnt have

And insurance is only around £180 more a year

If i were to get a sport, which, in all honsty i would like, my insurance would be just between double-triple what id pay for the 1.6, is it really worth paying over £3k for insurance? In which case id likely have to pay it monthly, and if i were to loose my job/income, id be royally f*cked?!

MG ZR+ 105
that looks nice

are you actually just straight swapping or part exchanging?

i wanna go from 1.2 to 1.6 soon too

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I think you're doing the right thing in going 1.2/1.6/2.0 but I can't see the point in spending a load of money on it.

Your car and your money though. Either way, Capsicum red is a lovely colour!!

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E

thats what im doing i think 1.2 for 1 more year then hopefully something bigger :D i was going to be gettin bigger car until i saw the insurace prices :eek:

if i was you mate id save on buying coilies and just go for springs for now. but thats just me :p

nice looking car

Clio Extreme 3
thats what im doing i think 1.2 for 1 more year then hopefully something bigger :D i was going to be gettin bigger car until i saw the insurace prices :eek:

if i was you mate id save on buying coilies and just go for springs for now. but thats just me :p

nice looking car

Yeah, iv already got a set of 40mm lowering springs on the current car, would just swap them over ;)

Clio Extreme 3
thats well good is yours worth about the same then?

I would love to swap but I always think who would want to downgrade to a 1.2 lol

Yeah, mine has around 10k less miles, but its the extreme model which is low spec so doesnt have A/C, electric mirrors or anything

Also want rid of a car with pearl black paint, what a bloody nightmare that paint is!

320d
Get Trophy Turini's and CC the trim etc will look good.

You could wait a year and get a 172 though. Its a bigger step up so you feel more of a difference, but they're not a supercar so you won't kill yourself.

There is plenty of stuff you can do to the 1.6 K4M though look at Hutchie's project.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Looks like a really nice motor mate, like the sound of the mods you've got planned, and seeing as you've already got a few bits it makes sense to add another few things to it and get it looking tip top.