ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Horn Wiring and Relay

RS Clio 172 Cup
Hi people,

Before you ask, i have browsed the entire Search function for an answer and had no luck.

My car failed MOT for non-working horn. Anyway got car back home and whipped off wheel arch liner, and realised horn only had one wire (Cream coloured) going into the bottom horn (one connection). The upper horn with two connections had no wire connected.
I presume the cream coloured wire will be the power and should be wired up to the upper horn, but looking around the area cannot find any earth wiring at all. I gather that i need to make a new earth going to the upper horn and one connecting both horns together.

Is that right?

Also is there a relay for the horn. I know there is a 15amp fuse for it.

Cheers
Mark

Megane dci 130
The horn is earthed through the braket its mounted on. Remove it and clean the area it bolts to the chassis.

RS Clio 172 Cup
The horn is earthed through the braket its mounted on. Remove it and clean the area it bolts to the chassis.

So i presume now that i have to connect the power to the upper horn on one spade connector and then link both horns together.

Is that right? ^^^

Oh BTW both horns are f**ked, so have phoned Cliospares for another one.

Cheers mate

Last edited: