ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hosing down the car??

Just a quick one guys and girls....

...If I washed the car on the weekend and it was waxed etc... is it ok just to hose it down or will it end up looking dirtier?

i.e. I just want a good way of keeping car looking clean through the week before its weekly wash.

Does anyone here just hose there car down in the middle of the week and leave it to dry naturally?

Car colour is Albi Blue

Cheers

cly

clio sport
Hosing the car down wont take any of the dirt off. Just give the car a mid week wash

Storm Grey 200
Useless. Unless you put on some kind of foam or prewash. But even that wouldnt do much unless it is pressure washed off

Honda & VW
i disagree, with my old Polo Gti (Euro Styled so looked ace went crap) i used to just spray off any loose dirt mid week, did the job imo.

Depends what the dirt is like, winter dirt will cling like buggery so i doubt it will come off with a simple hosing.

Megane R26
You may hose off the loose dirt, but the car won't be clean. You'd be wanting to dry it too or you'll get water spotting, and your drying towel would be filthy.

To do a quick clean properly, look at the rinseless products like Optimum No Rinse. I can clean my Megane properly in about 15 minutes, with just a bucket, mitt and a drying towel.