ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hosted Solutions/Cloud Services

Fiesta ST
Any recommendations? I'm looking at reselling the solutions.

Exchange etc all the way to customers just having dumb terminals.

I feel the market is shifting at some pace towards this for small/medium businesses instead of the traditional on site setup and support.

Anyone host everything with a provided?

Cupra
We have looked into it recently as part of the emergency/ contingency plan. Far too expensive to be a viable solution for us though at the minute.

Rav4
Hi Longy,

Is this going to be part of your job or on the side?

Thanks,

G.

Any recommendations? I'm looking at reselling the solutions.

Exchange etc all the way to customers just having dumb terminals.

I feel the market is shifting at some pace towards this for small/medium businesses instead of the traditional on site setup and support.

Anyone host everything with a provided?

Fiesta ST
Hi Gabi

This will be part of my job role, I've been told to look into, I currently do stuff the old fashioned way -> audit a site, recommendations, install the infrastructure and then support the contract.

Doing hosted may put me out of a job so who knows!

I'm not a sales person by a long shot but I do have to design solutions what is best for the customer.

BMW F31
We're in the process of shifting our exchange from our server to a hosted exchange, ditching the server and using a NAS.

We're only a small company with 5 users and we will only be using the NAS as a file server for CAD files and excel/word docs so its ideal.

being a small company the monthly cost associated with the hosted exchange far outways the cost of problems we have had with our current server set up. the access anywhere and usability of the hosted exchange combined with Blackberry/iPhone support was very attractive to us.

Fingers crossed our migration goes well, but I agree, having family who are Consultants/engineers the small/medium businesses do seem to be shifting to Hosted/cloud based services to relieve themselves of support stress.

Fiesta ST
We're in the process of shifting our exchange from our server to a hosted exchange, ditching the server and using a NAS.

We're only a small company with 5 users and we will only be using the NAS as a file server for CAD files and excel/word docs so its ideal.

being a small company the monthly cost associated with the hosted exchange far outways the cost of problems we have had with our current server set up. the access anywhere and usability of the hosted exchange combined with Blackberry/iPhone support was very attractive to us.

Fingers crossed our migration goes well, but I agree, having family who are Consultants/engineers the small/medium businesses do seem to be shifting to Hosted/cloud based services to relieve themselves of support stress.

Hi Millsy

So you are ditching Active Directory completely then no windows domain any more?

BMW F31
Yes. Going to be basically a standard workgroup. we dont see any disadvantage to this solution other than not having overall control via the server etc, but tbh as a small practice we dont use the server to its full potential anyway e.g. WSUS etc.

dk

911 GTS Cab
We are now in this Market.

Cloud Softcat.

Not cheap to get into it yourself, lots of infrastructure, licensing, skills and a NOC to account for to do it so that people will use you.

You have to do it properly otherwise people won't feel comfortable handing over their data and responsibility to you. Not to mention the ISO requirements.