ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hot or not - Window tints

light smoke all round if you do tint the windows.

Thinking of tinting mine, so if you do get them done Mike can you please let me know how you get on.

Mr2 Roadster

I think they look naff.

By the way I have my windows tinted for work, 21% all round.

I can recommend a good company if you are interested and they will do you shade you want, ifetime waranty and all that. Good prices as well. Full Mk4 golf done for £200, 4 door that is.

Mr2 Roadster

Quote: Originally posted by telford_mike on 19 March 2005

Isnt anything more than standard illegal on the front?
Correct.If you car is registered before April last year, you can have up to a certain tint but not very dark, assuming you had it doe before April last year!

having tints just on the rear looks silly.... get either medium smoke on the fronts & dark smoke on the rears or light smoke on the fronts & medium on the rears!

do u want to look like a van or somet?!

The back 3 windows make it look like a van. Awful IMO

If your going to get it done, get all 5 done in a medium smoke. Youd need a ghey copper to whinge about medium smokes on front

Renault Laguna Coupe

Quote: Originally posted by connor on 19 March 2005

having tints just on the rear looks silly.... get either medium smoke on the fronts & dark smoke on the rears or light smoke on the fronts & medium on the rears!

do u want to look like a van or somet?!
dont want to look like a van, but dont want to get pulled every 5 minutes either!

Mr2 Roadster

I saw a red MKII tinted the other day, light smoke just on the back three windows, looked good.

Renault Laguna Coupe

Quote: Originally posted by iPap on 19 March 2005

Correct.If you car is registered before April last year, you can have up to a certain tint but not very dark, assuming you had it doe before April last year!
hmmm, car first registered October last year. Whered you get yours done Nicky?

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172

Quote: Originally posted by telford_mike on 19 March 2005 Isnt anything more than standard illegal on the front? [/QUOTE]Correct.<FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #407db6">If you car is registered before April last year, you can have up to a certain tint but not very dark, assuming you had it doe before April last year!

Registered before april??
Whats that all about then? Been nicked twice in the last year for window tints. Basically you are allowed up to around 25% on the front but anything darker&the traffic police put a gadget on your window which measures the light coming through
As long as you can see clearly through to the other side then you should be ok.

Mr2 Roadster

Quote: Originally posted by jph172 on 19 March 2005

Correct.<FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #407db6">If you car is registered before April last year, you can have up to a certain tint but not very dark, assuming you had it doe before April last year!

Registered before april??
Whats that all about then? Been nicked twice in the last year for window tints. Basically you are allowed up to around 25% on the front but anything darker&the traffic police put a gadget on your window which measures the light coming through
As long as you can see clearly through to the other side then you should be ok.
Not anymore, nothing on the fronts now. If you see all the new Range Rovers in Central London and the other posh Chelsea Tractors and what not, you will see they all have clear front windows.

Chocolate Bar™

when i was at the bodyshop i was informed the police arent allowed to use the light sensors due a technical error with them. (he was told by a policeman) and he doesnt do tints so it wasnt a sales pitch either.

theres also a technicality if you have them sprayed, because the law applies to film ;)

RB 182

Ive got to say the tints dont look that good but that picture makes it look like a toy car for some reason. :confused:

X 200+ cup, now focus RS

dont do it, makes a car look like a van if you just do the rear,

if any do front and rear in light smoke.

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

iv got a light tint on the fronts, and a slightly darker tint on the back quarters. the rear is prety dark tho!

it looks good i think, as it kind of smoothly blends in from light smoke to dark at the back!

depends on the colour of the car tho i suppose.

Ford Fiesta

I llike it standard, but it aint my car.

if you have to have it done do all of them smoked.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

I wouldnt have it done - especially on a V6. You need people to see that theres an engine in the back - not hiding it away!

I must admit, the silver Clio above doesnt look too bad though.... Tints dont look right on black cars imo.

D.

Jas

ClioSport Admin
  Maserati Ghibli S

Mike, either go for light smoke all round or dont bother. Dont just tint the rear, itll look bad imo.

300bhp MR2 Turbo

Well I know its not a Clio Mike but youve seen mine. Limo black on the backs and light tint on the fronts.