ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How bad is yours? (iphone/ipad screen)

Ged

PD130 Peach
Almost everyone has done it...

I am amazed with how well they hold up... Long story but this one has even been run over by my clio (front wheel) and every feature on the phone works perfect, even the front facing camera!

Been using it for 3 months like this so far, no issues apart from a cut finger once...

3d45b807.jpg

0bf61468.jpg

Lets see yours!

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
I couldn't have my phone looking like that. It would piss me off every time I looked at it. My iPhone 4?is 18months old and not had a problem even though it's been dropped a few times.

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
I have had mine well over a year, never had a bumper on it and it still looks like new, only a couple of little scratches on the back.

Only minor scratches on mine. My brother broke his screen and covered it in tape as it worked with no cut fingers. He then wet to apple and they changed it fr him.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
My iPhone 4 is 2 years old and is like new. I've dropped it a few times and got a tiny pin sized chip in the corner of the screen, apart from that it's mint. It's the first phone I've had for the full length of a contract, then at the end of the contract, switched to a pay as you go sim. I was going to upgrade but instead I've decided to keep this handset for as long as possible until it dies.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Mine gets abused, constantly. It's been dropped, ran over, thrown at walls, spends it's life in my pocket with keys, got pushed into a fountain with it in my pocket EVERYTHING!

18 months on and I have a small hairline crack running widthways across the back at the bottom. I wrapped the back in carbon fibre wrapping vinyl and voila! No more crack!

Screen has scratches etc everywhere but only noticeable with the screen powered off. Love my iPhone 4.

330i. E30 Touring.
I've retired my Indestructaphone (blackberry) now in favour of a newer model, but it had everything done to it:

Run over by a car.
Spent two cycles in a pub's glass washer.
Drop kicked about 60ft. more than once.
Thrown at walls as hard as i could.
Left in a taxi when drunk three times. Always came back.
Always used with oily hands.
Fell in a river in my pocket.

Everything still works as it should.

Granted, it wasn't an iPhone, but still pretty impressive.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
I do miss my old Blackberry Curve.

*NOT MY ACTUAL ONE*
bbcurve8900impressions.jpg

Battery life was ace and even though it wasn't 3G I didn't care. Loved that phone so much. Was a sad day getting rid but it just didn't have all the gadgets of the iPhone. I'd still have one now if it was as popular and therefore got more apps.

Iceberg Clio 172
I do miss my old Blackberry Curve.

Battery life was ace and even though it wasn't 3G I didn't care. Loved that phone so much. Was a sad day getting rid but it just didn't have all the gadgets of the iPhone. I'd still have one now if it was as popular and therefore got more apps.

I couldn't wait to get rid of mine! tbh I think I had a dodgy handset because I couldn't get signal, texts didn't come through, web browsing was pretty much non-existent! obviously o2 were super helpful... :rolleyes:

Always had screen protection on front and Pinlo slice case. Few light marks by port, but would probably polish out!

I did drop my phone in the loo last month but it is still working. Kind of thought it might have stopped working by now!

An orange one
2 years old now, one scratch on the back about 3mm long...otherwise perfect!

oh and its been naked since day one, and im a farmer lol!

Ged

PD130 Peach
This is my 2nd iPhone 4. First replaced under warranty for cracked screen and dock connector not working. And the 3rd iPhone 4 screen. And iv smashed 2 iPhone 3G screens aswell.

I am pretty rough to say the least. And before anyone says. I love my apps and my nice satnav and the way the iPhone just works, so a jcb phone is not an option.

I'm shocked at what a carefull bunch you all are!

An orange one
I'm careful with my gadgets as when I'm spending over £500 on a phone and the same on a tablet, I'm damn sure
im gonna look after it :)

Ged

PD130 Peach
Know what you mean... But just a contract phone and it's a tool that just gets used and abused! Torch feature comes most in handy when working on your car in the dark ;)
Contract renews in October so will be getting another iPhone 4 and getting this fixed as a spare!

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
IIRC it's not properly broken until you can see all the circuitry above the screen. As mine is. And has been for 2 years. The LCD's finally starting to give up now though.

I really don't know how people smash them up. I drop my phone a lot, use it when fixing cars, keep it in my pocket at work (as a mechanical fitter at a powerstation, so plenty of force gets put into it) and touch wood I've not even scratched it.

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
Had mine nearly two years and I'm on my 3rd rear glass.

First time I dropped it I was pissed up in a pizza shop one night and the second time I dropped on the road while out walking dog. Luckily for me it was the back that broke not the front (I should learn to leave the bumper on really).

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
iPhone 4 was dropped a few times, including concrete and it had a few scratches but nothing major.

iPhone 4S I've had for 6 months now and it's as good as new apart from a tiny chip on the metal.

Girlfriend's also had a 4 & 4S and they both got/get scratched to buggery and her 4S is in worse condition than mine despite only being 3 months old... and hers have always had covers and mine haven't! She doesn't care about her 'stuff' at all :S uses an 18 month old Dell laptop which has 7 buttons off it and scratches all over, as well as nail polish spilt on it and hair straighteners left on it burning the keyboard. Drives me mad tbh lol.

Two 0 Shitx
I've got a couple of minute chips on mine that are hardly noticeable dropped it about 4 times from a tranny van seat
onto concrete, i tend to put it between my legs forget its there and get out...

My 4 is still unmarked. As in, not a single blemish anywhere. Then again I'm not a clutz ;)

My 3G had some swirls and micro-marring on the back and bezel, but that's because it was a plastic POS. My original iPhone is still unmarked apart from the same swirling on the bezel.

iPhone 4/4S is a sturdy beast.

Sounds like some on here need the phone attached to their jacket like idiot mittens. Not a mark on mine despite no cover/case and it's almost 2 years old now, but then I don't have special needs or a drinking problem.

Clio 172 cup
My 4s is still like brand new and it survived a 25ft drop onto a concrete floor without a scratch

Otterbox Defender ​cases are bombproof!!!

Clio T 314hp c43 AMG
3G,3gs,4 and 4s never smashed a screen or the back, I did run over my 4 in a Mercedes it was inside my diary on a gravel drive, massive imprint in diary, phone was fine :approve:

Ged

PD130 Peach
My 4s is still like brand new and it survived a 25ft drop onto a concrete floor without a scratch

Otterbox Defender ​cases are bombproof!!!

Smashed a screen on my 4 with that case on. Looks the part. But dropped waist height, unfortunotly it landed perfectly face down an it cracked strieght away. Nightmare

Smashed the screen on the front of mine about a week ago, dropped from about two foot onto a tile floor. First phone I've broken in 12 years.