ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How do I clean this??

Clio Mk 2 Ph1
Hi people.

Just got the Clio back from the bodyshop -- had a tiny bubble on the rear arch and a scabby blister on the sill. Both jobs have been done and are top-notch, but i've been left with a problem...see if you can spot it lol:

Sill.jpg

Dirty and shiny!! I've tried just regular t-cutting on the sill before, but it never made much difference so I wasn't too fussed. But now I've had some sill work done, it's pretty noticeable. What do other people use to clean theirs, or should I just leave it and let it dirty up naturally? :eek:

Also, whats the best black plastic restorer to use (in peoples opinions)? We've got some new colour coded wing mirrors to go on, but the rest of the black plastic is all faded and shite. Any recommendations?

Dan

Lionel Richie
tin of black hammerite, roll of masking tape, paint brush, and go nuts

or take it back and moan like a brummie does when it rains

Take it back to the garage, they'll have tins of aerosol matt black paint they can use on it. If not, do what Fred says with the hammerite. It's rubber stone chip coating on the sill anyway so finish doesn't matter.

Ph1 172 + Combo van
Scrub with a strong apc.

Polish the plastics using peanut butter.

Then top up with ag bumper car every few days.