ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How do i remove my ignition barrel?

Focus 2.0 Ghia
This is on a Mk1 PH1 Clio RSI.

I belive the bolts holding it in place are security types an dthe head break of if tampered with.

If this is so is there a way of getting around this?

Any help apreciated.

Thanks

iimushroomzii

Toilet roll king
  Transit Connect.
With the key, and then undo the one iirc retaining screw and it'll come out. Its a bit more complicated than that but you need to turn the key to a certain position iirc! I removed one with a chisel and drill when I couldn't find the key!

Focus 2.0 Ghia
Yup this wil be same as you then i guess as i domt have the original key. Putting a replacement barrel in.

iimushroomzii

Toilet roll king
  Transit Connect.
Its a bit of a fucker, Im guessing the column is out of the car? Get it in a vice and drill as much of it out as you can, then theres a coupe of little bits which stick through to hold the barrel in place, chisel them out/down, I just kept going at it till it came out! Took a good ten minutes!

Focus 2.0 Ghia
Nope the colum isnt out as yet. Really didnt know it would be that much of a pain. Im the least mechanical person in the world trust me lol

Iv been looking for people to cut a new key and found a few firms who reckon they can do that. Will update. Cheers mate