ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

how do i run my subs at 2 oams

Polo + Micra

your subs impeadance(ohms) are set.

you need to say what subs they are
[Edited by Dink on 6/24/2005 9:54:44 PM]

What is/are the sub(s)? What ratings are they? How many do you have?

[Edited by White16valver on 24 June 2005 at 9:53pm]

edit: Dink is right - or you could run two 4-Ohm single-voice coil subs in parallel. (which is basically the same thing but with 2 cones (subs) not one.)

Audi TT 225 Quattro

subs im going to get r new alpine type s 300watt rms each, they do 2 diffrent types ( 2+2ohm) or (4+4ohm) dual-voice coil ,12" , amp they will be running on is alpine v12 mrv-t707 340w rms @ 4ohm x1 , 100w rms @ 4 ohm x2 , 175w rms @ 2ohms x2 , curruntly got an alpine type r 10" was is blowen to fook

Polo + Micra

if you are going to get two get the 4+4 ohm ones.

then connect the voice coils in series then the subs in parallel. this will give you 4 ohms to wire bridged to the amp
[Edited by Dink on 6/24/2005 10:25:36 PM]

2.0 175dci rs meggy

only pic i could see in my manuals due to me running 2 X 2 + 2 ohms 12" alpine type rs on a alpine MRV-1507

Audi TT 225 Quattro

so i basically wire them up as the pic shows which would give my amp a 4ohm load??

2005 Impreza WRX STI

i dont get what your saying mate? subs wired in series ie

+from amp into + on sub then from the -ve of that speaker to the positive of the other then from that last ones -ve back to the amp this way u add the impedence together. so 2 wired this way 2 ohms each is 4 ohms total.

Wiring it like the diagram is in parallel therefore the impedence is lower. if the impedence is lower i think your amp draws more current. I = V/R meaning as resistance increases (R) in the formula current (I) also gets lower :D

2005 Impreza WRX STI

Quote: Originally posted by Dink on 24 June 2005

yeah but it will be 4 ohms instaed of two
how mate? isnt that in parallel ? The main feed from amp to subs is? but then the other wires put them in series?:confused: ohhhh i dont no, i just fix generators real electrics! ;)

Polo + Micra

Quote: Originally posted by jay s on 24 June 2005
so i basically wire them up as the pic shows which would give my amp a 4ohm load??

yes it will give you 4 ohms (better for your amp) if you buy the 4+4 ohm subs

Polo + Micra

Quote: Originally posted by Clarkie172 on 24 June 2005
Quote: Originally posted by Dink on 24 June 2005 yeah but it will be 4 ohms instaed of two [/QUOTE]how mate? isnt that in parallel ? The main feed from amp to subs is? but then the other wires put them in series?:confused: ohhhh i dont no, i just fix generators real electrics! ;)

the voice coils are in series