ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

how do u turn off engine managment light?

my engine management light came on a few days ago, the car has bn driving fine with no mishaps. it occasionally brings on the serv light and airbag light 2 but only 4 a few mins.
the problem is that im trading the car in and dont want any hassles so wondered íf there was some way 2 turn it off. it only needs 2 stay off 4 a wee while cause as soon as im in my new car the clios their problem!
i dont fancy disconecting the bulb so im hoping 1 o u guys has an insider tip 4 me ;)
cheers

J-J

ClioSport Club Member
The service light and airbag light are likely to be the under seat connectors, have a fiddle and it should go off, as for the engine light, plug a code reader in and remove it, where abouts are you? As I have a code reader

Clio 172
get a code reader (about £20 off ebay), plug it in (connects under the ash tray), swich the ignition on but don't start the engine, the code reader should tell you whats up with the car and give you the option to clear the fault code and bye bye engine management light. i did this exact thing when mine came on because of the decat.

arsehole for handing over a knack'd car

whats it 2 u?! im handing it in 2 a main dealer and they have major allowances 4 these things. would u pay good money 2 fix it so they can stick it on their forecourt at a big markup without even lifting the bonnet!