ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How do you get polish off plastics?

after using my dads pc polisher for the first time on my wifes clio there are loads of little white specs of polish on the black plastics from where the polish sprayed off a bit.

Its poorboys polish

Ive tried AG bumper care but that just sort of hides it for a bit then it comes back - any ideas??:)

Lionel Richie
Pat-Morita_%28Karate_Kid%29.jpg

1/8th linseed oil
7/8th white spirits

Just use a clean cloth or kitchen paper and wipe it on take a few goes (you need to leave it to dry a bit)

wd40 is meant to work, never tried it, tend to cover up the plastics with tape :rasp:

what ever you do, dont be tempted by the "erasers" you see on car cleaning sights. they dont work and will cost you the same $5.99 to find out :dapprove:

jamie

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I use wd40 all the time on my black plastic bits , works as good as anything else i've ever tried . Most products just mask the white marks not actually remove them .

A slow one :-(
I've got Duragloss wax eraser... hmm its ok but you really have to work it. I'd try some of the cheaper options first... but then again it was only 5 squid!

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
^^^ The only way you'll only really remove wax or dissolve it is to use a solvent like turps .

all sorted now - used a toothbrush and some armorall trim cleaner/restorer - looks perfect now. should have tried WD40 though - would have saved a fiver then