ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

how do you organise your photos?

mk 2 172
this may sound a silly questio, but how do you lot organise your best photo's after they have been edited in photoshop or wot ever, it would be nice to frame them but misses says it will ruien the house lol. i did think of doin a few photobooks but there quite expensive for a good size one.

thanks
james

14' Leon Cupra 280
I know photobox do 2 for 1 on photobooks every now and then. If you're thinking of going that route, set the up online ready for the offer :)...Storage offline is just well named folders on an external disk. To find images quicker on PC alone i use Picasa.

Oil Burner
Use Light room and a ranking system, then the photos i love get added to my screen saver and desktop photos, which change automatically every 10 mins.

Fiat Panda 100hp
Use lightroom to edit and export to folder. Then then copy all the ones from the camera to a folder with a date.

Fiat Panda 100hp
Adobe's image editor for the photographer. Google it... it's very good. It's an alternative to Photoshop, which is a little complex for simple editing.

vers le haut doigt milieu
If you leave lightroom to it you will never find your images in a hurry, the more photos you take the worse your folders get!

A4 Avant
On my external drive I have a series of folders such as:

Motorsport
Car Shows
Holidays
Family
Pets
House

And so on. Within these files I then create another folder that has a title and a date suffix, eg:

Donington Park Trackday 090114

Within this file depending on what the photos are of, I have further folders called:

Originals Straight From Camera
Editted
For Internet

I find this an easy and quick way of finding my pics when I want them.

I used to use the Canon zoombrowser software, which was brilliant, i then switched to nikon and don't get on with the ViewNX software.

172 mk2 Iceberg
Just date the folders with the date they entered the Pc

being doing that for 10 years now

and if a special event put that word after the date ie 04012009xmas

in my photos i have just two folders one called burnt and one called unburnt

when emptying the camera I place into unburnt and when this folder gets near to dvd size(4.7gb)
I back them up to dvd and cut/paste them to the Burnt directory so i know what pix have been backed up

Same with my music

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
arranged into months, then meaning ful names for the subfolders, ie christmas day or and event. Back them up once a month to my external drive

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
Mine are in dated folders. If any are edited then a subfolder will be created in which they can be saved, whilst preserving the original image.

In "My Photos" I've got...

Airshows
Cars
Holidays
Macro
Motorsport

etc etc etc

then depending on the folder it has more folders inside, Motorsport being the biggy...

Motorsport has 2006, 2007, 2008 in it, then inside those it has folders for each Circuit, then in each Circuit folder it has the various dates.

Most importantly, everything is copied over to my External HD Drive, and then all the 'decent' photos are uploaded to my SmugMug account (which keeps them on the various Amazon dataservers at full resolution.)

Megane Mk4
I organise mine date-wise folders, if I've played or edited a photo, I'll stick it inside an 'Edit folder' in each of the date-wise ones. I also leave a notepad note in each folder telling me the contents and what's in each photo. Sad really but a good catalogue I find.