ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

how do you put radio code in?

clio 172
right, i have just bought a standard radio for ph1 172 (list tuner version)
and i have tried everything to let me put the code in.

on my ph2, i had to use the stalk to scroll through the numbers, but i cant remember how to do it, and all it does is beeps. every button i press including the radio itself..it beeps??

im lost and it is starting to pig me off abit now!

Megane 2 GT 165
used the steering control scroll bar to set the number and the "change 6-disc button" on the underside to get to the next number.

I think that's it.

tiTTy & SV650
use the track jump scroll on the stalk to scroll through the numbers then bottom cd changer button thing to move to next number

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
^^^

i did that!

radio code has got a '0' in it. radio preset buttons havent got a 0

Not following the instructions properly ;)

When the dash has 0000 displayed, you need to press buttong 1 - 4 on the radio.

Pressing button 1 on the radio will increase the first digit on the display.

If you press it once it stays on 0, if you press it again it goes to 1 and so on....

PH1 172
Using the stalk by the side of the steering wheel:

1) Select the first number by using the same one as you would to change radio station/select next track (the wheel button as I call it lol)

2) Once the number you want is displayed press the top right button on the stalk (As if you were going to change from radio to cd setting)

3) Repeat 1) and 2) until your four digit code is displayed and then press and HOLD the bottom button on the stalk (change cd button) and you should hear a beep followed by music if it's correct :)

tiTTy & SV650
Using the stalk by the side of the steering wheel:

1) Select the first number by using the same one as you would to change radio station/select next track (the wheel button as I call it lol)

2) Once the number you want is displayed press the top right button on the stalk (As if you were going to change from radio to cd setting)

3) Repeat 1) and 2) until your four digit code is displayed and then press and HOLD the bottom button on the stalk (change cd button) and you should hear a beep followed by music if it's correct :)

sounds right, I put a new battery in last week and did something along these lines. 52 plate 172

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
The manual shows 2 entry methods.

Via the stalk and via the HU itself. Both work.

clio 172
Not following the instructions properly ;)

When the dash has 0000 displayed, you need to press buttong 1 - 4 on the radio.

Pressing button 1 on the radio will increase the first digit on the display.

If you press it once it stays on 0, if you press it again it goes to 1 and so on....
me not listening propperly!! :rolleyes:;)

no '0000' shows on my screen..just CODE

its not like i have tried putting it in to fet a delay on it.
soon as i hooked up the radio..it said 'code'

E92 M3
yer you need to use the scrol and the button underneath

when the code is enterd hold the button underneath and the radio some come on

PH1 172
me not listening propperly!! :rolleyes:;)

no '0000' shows on my screen..just CODE

its not like i have tried putting it in to fet a delay on it.
soon as i hooked up the radio..it said 'code'

Try doing the above methods again and see if it allows you to change the code to numbers, if not then next time you go for a drive leave the radio on with code showing and see if 0000 come up after a delay. It may be thinking you have tried to enter a code and now sitting on a delay.

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
As per the other thread.

1) Try pressing ANY button on the headunit to get the entry screen.

2) You have inputted the code wrong and are on the lock out period

3) Faulty HU, try disconnection it and retry.

4) Not compatiable with your vehicle - HU from another type etc

clio 172
Try doing the above methods again and see if it allows you to change the code to numbers, if not then next time you go for a drive leave the radio on with code showing and see if 0000 come up after a delay. It may be thinking you have tried to enter a code and now sitting on a delay.
thats all i can do...but i dont drive for more than 10 mins...so im fooked basically!

PH1 172
thats all i can do...but i dont drive for more than 10 mins...so im fooked basically!

Disconnect the battery for 20mins to allow everything to discharge in the circuits and allow the code to be forgotten by the radio, re-connect it and see if the 0000 show up after that. TBH I can't remember if CODE shows and then when you start to enter the code it goes to 0000 or whether it comes up with 0000 from the start and code only appears when it is sitting on a delay :S

I think the longest delay timer is 30mins when the code has been entered incorrectly 4 times, so unless you drive for over 30mins or just leave the ignition on (not running) while you clean the car or something you can't rule out that delay timer.

clio 172
ahhhh

waited till to today and went for a ride for 20 mins...and then the code '0000' s came up.and now it works

yay!

Clio 182
Just changed my battery and used this thread once i located my radio code on my original invoice paperwork for the car from renault.

Cheers
Rob

Renault Clio S
Apologies for the forum resurrection but having recently replaced a battery I now have the radio issue. It displays the 0000 numbers but no matter what buttons I press on the head unit or control stick it just beeps back. I’ve tried everything. Any suggestions?