ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How do you rate your car?

So the other night was having a drunken debate/ argument with my friend about cars, mainly how we rate them. Having owned a 182 for a year (i still do) he decided he would rate it 6/10 while rating his megane 225 7/10

Now i think that is bull and it deserves much more credit than he gave it, but he highlighted the fact that if he was to rate it higher how then would you rate a car considerably more capable than the clio say a GT-R, and from the GT-R how then would you rate something silly like a veyron.

Im getting off track but my point is does a cars overall value and reputation and performance mean it should be rated higher?

What do you rate your car out of ten and why?

You need to value a car as to what use it is to you. A Veyron isn't much use if you have 4 kids to take to school. Plus needs to ake account of money after all is say a 1.2 better han a dci as there cheaper to me no but others think differently.

I'd rate mine as a 10 its done all Ive every asked of it.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
You need to value a car as to what use it is to you. A Veyron isn't much use if you have 4 kids to take to school. Plus needs to ake account of money after all is say a 1.2 better han a dci as there cheaper to me no but others think differently.

I'd rate mine as a 10 its done all Ive every asked of it.

Don't think anyone on this forum talks as much sense as this guy.

I love Clios so I'd expect VAG lovers think I know nothing of cars. Whether you like a car or not is an opinion, so you can't technically be wrong.

Swift Sport
My Civic Type-R is like a Clio Sport, only with the fun being replaced with build quality. 7/10.

172 Cup
Tbh the most important thing for me is the fun factor (especially whilst owning french motors) and how easily it puts a smile on my face and for that i give my Cup 9.5/10 :)

NickM5c

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M5c, Audi A2 FSI
I'd have to say in the 8 years I've owned it it's been the most reliable, cheapest and fun car I've had. It has never once let me down, has always done everything I've ever asked of it and always makes me smile. 10/10 from me.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
My Valver/172 thing i'd rate as a 2. Through no fault of its own, just down to renaults (at that time) shocking desire to rust faster than they accelerate.

My vectra is a 9. does an indicated 49mpg combined, Goes like stink, can carry 5 adults in comfort and has a boot big enough for anything. Handles really well too!

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
9/10

I've tried a couple of other cars and the 182 suits my use so well. I dont need faster/bigger/comfier. Its fairly cheap to run, easy enough for an idiot like me to work on, and fun to drive.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
9.5 out of ten. Only just let down with the arch gap.

Everything else about the car just feels so special imo.

In -5 degrees when the inside of the window is frozen I want a TT, on the first warm dry day of the year there aren't many cars i'd rather be in for a B road run.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
8/10 - havent had it long enougth to give it more. I dont know any other car that I can get climate control, cruise control, speed limiter, automatic headlights, automatic wipers and xenons with a nice quick package out of the box for the same money.

RB 182 FF
Had my 182 nearly 2 weeks and I must say it's been fantastic so far!! My only problem is I've come from owning a 3.0 V6 Alfa GTV and that engine was absolutely divine...! I still keep waiting for low down poke that never happens in the Clio but for a 2 litre it is fantastic no doubt and handling is way better than any other car I've owned. I give my 182 a 8.5/10, it's a great car!!!:)

Mini Cooper S sport
I would have rated my Megane slightly higher than the 182 has well, just because I felt it was a slightly better car. Love them both though!

I'd have given the Clio 8/10 because it was so much car for the money, and the R26 8.5. Owned both for more than three years each, and both of them had a few bits that went wrong, but nothing major.

As for my 500, I'm just in love. It's getting a 9 for overall awesomeness, but as I've only had it four days you can't take too much from that! Looks fantastic, and brilliant fun to drive - plus cheap to run.

RB 182 FF
I would have rated my Megane slightly higher than the 182 has well, just because I felt it was a slightly better car. Love them both though!

I'd have given the Clio 8/10 because it was so much car for the money, and the R26 8.5. Owned both for more than three years each, and both of them had a few bits that went wrong, but nothing major.

As for my 500, I'm just in love. It's getting a 9 for overall awesomeness, but as I've only had it four days you can't take too much from that! Looks fantastic, and brilliant fun to drive - plus cheap to run.

That is one cool looking motor, I like alot!!!!!:)

What would have given your 370?

Had my 182 nearly 2 weeks and I must say it's been fantastic so far!! My only problem is I've come from owning a 3.0 V6 Alfa GTV and that engine was absolutely divine...! I still keep waiting for low down poke that never happens in the Clio but for a 2 litre it is fantastic no doubt and handling is way better than any other car I've owned. I give my 182 a 8.5/10, it's a great car!!!:)

I have really wanted one of these for ages but i think due to age and being scared of unreliability i dont see it happening.. What was it like to run? Any problems? What about that beautiful engine?

RB 182 FF
Hi Alx, I luckily got my hands on a 17,000 mile minter!!(2000/W Silver with full red interior). It was absolutely spotless and looked like new, the engine was ridiculously fantastic and the only issues I had in 2.5 years was a faulty MAF sensor and the complex rear Suspension needed sorting so I polybushed the lot. It was an awesome car but I couldn't afford the petrol as I used it for work! And they wear the insides of the tyres in no time even when set up right!! But if you can afford to run one Id say get one, it's a car a petrolhead must own!:) Clarkson was right, everyone should own at least one Alfa in their lifetime!:)

I think id give mine 8 maybe 8.5/10. As othere have mentioned the value for money is so good, love the auto xenons :)
I love the amount of equipment it come with, its got the full package, comfortable when i want to poodle raw and exciting when i grab it by the scuff :D

Ive had some brilliant drives in it, the best was conquering the summit of Mont Ventoux in southern france. Amazing roads, amazing car and that was carrying a dad and luggage for 2 :)

http://s1269.photobucket.com/albums/jj596/alex-glenn/?action=view&current=DSC05758.jpg

RB 182 FF
I think id give mine 8 maybe 8.5/10. As othere have mentioned the value for money is so good, love the auto xenons :)
I love the amount of equipment it come with, its got the full package, comfortable when i want to poodle raw and exciting when i grab it by the scuff :D

Ive had some brilliant drives in it, the best was conquering the summit of Mont Ventoux in southern france. Amazing roads, amazing car and that was carrying a dad and luggage for 2 :)

http://s1269.photobucket.com/albums/jj596/alex-glenn/?action=view&current=DSC05758.jpg

I couldn't agree more even though I've only owned it 2 weeks, I love the fact the Clio can be a round town crawler but also a bloody good drive when you decide to give it some!:) The Alfa was just cost every time I turned the key regarding fuel and tyres! The Clio ticks nearly every box and I've wanted one for 10 years since the 172 came out, from what I've experienced so far I've made a good choice and the kit you get on such a small car is fantastic and I love the interior as well!:)

An orange one
I'd rate my v6 9.5 out of 10 all day long...it's just do special to be in and drive

1.2 dynamique 2 out of 10...it gets you there but that's about it

Clio 1.2 - 41k miles
Tbh the most important thing for me is the fun factor (especially whilst owning french motors) and how easily it puts a smile on my face and for that i give my Cup 9.5/10 :)

Same here and I drive a 1.2! Its in good nick interior is basically new so even the "cheap interior" doesn't depress me. Just as long as I can have a laugh in it and enjoy the drive. I'd give my car a 8.5/10 (Needs to be quicker :rasp:)

430,911,M3,Exige,Wes
11/10 totally and utterly love it. Sooo much better than I thought it would be. Always makes me smile! Epic car... thought it would be a fragile slow posing pouch. Its not. Its proper

T0H_0797_HR-1.jpg

my Clios only a 10/10 :)

I'd say 7/10

It's fast, it's comfortable, it has loads of gadgets and toys. Plenty of room, 5 doors, it's different and it's a bit of a sleeper.

Downside, it drinks petrol like it's a going out of fashion, I cant take it too fast round corners until it's been lowered, tyres cost a fortune, and modified performance parts have to be imported from Japan and America.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
I've lost all my love for Clios since having a 172. It's quite a charming car but I'd agree with the 6/10, that or 5 maybe. Also wouldn't rate a Veyron 10 just because it's faster, but naturally it is a 10/10 car so it would probably get it anyway (not that I'm likely to ever touch one).

I'd say 7/10

It's fast, it's comfortable, it has loads of gadgets and toys. Plenty of room, 5 doors, it's different and it's a bit of a sleeper.

Downside, it drinks petrol like it's a going out of fashion, I cant take it too fast round corners until it's been lowered, tyres cost a fortune, and modified performance parts have to be imported from Japan and America.

Have you seen the juke GT-R concept?

I'd rate my v6 9.5 out of 10 all day long...it's just do special to be in and drive

1.2 dynamique 2 out of 10...it gets you there but that's about it

Ive only seen a couple of v6's but for sheer road presence it gets a 10 from me!!
I really think the renaultsport line up has its competitors licked, im always going through pistonheads eyeing up my next potential car and although there are other cars i like they just dont have the same core values as the renaults, and if they do they just dont have any kit! Id call them 'devistatingly cost effective' :)

Chocolate Orange 172
9.0/10 for the Clio I drive, had some issues but through no fault of it's own only a previous owner, other than that no major issues at all and even though I drive it EVERY day it still puts a smile on my face :race:

Last edited:
  Clio v6
I'd give mine a 6.5/10

Love it to bits, fun to drive, looks awesome, turns heads everywhere I go but considering what else is out there and what I've driven, I just can't score it any higher!

Clio 182
When I bought it - 7/10 - new springs and brakes - 8/10 now properly tracked - 9/10 easy! My wife has an 11 plate S3 and I tend to choose the clio over the S3 most days (unless the kids come along).

Don't think anyone on this forum talks as much sense as this guy.

I love Clios so I'd expect VAG lovers think I know nothing of cars. Whether you like a car or not is an opinion, so you can't technically be wrong.

Not sure I take much sence noone listens.

Threre are problems with the car mind have been since new but the fixes are to much work (ie rubish gearchange)

But back on topic my old WIlliams would be a 10 as well loved that car. Wish I'd kept it and rebuild the engine and sorted out a few little things. But hey it wasn't cheap.

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
ST220 = 7.5/10. Pretty Quick but aged/soggy suspension.

Toys are a laff and the lairy red leather, Anthracite wheels and black body make me GY's newest dealer! It'll get 8/10 the moment I get pulled over for doing nothing wrong lol

I'd give mine a 6.5/10

Love it to bits, fun to drive, looks awesome, turns heads everywhere I go but considering what else is out there and what I've driven, I just can't score it any higher!

Wana swap ;)
I no v6's arnt really that fast but its all about the drama with that car imo :)

PB Clio 172
8/10 - havent had it long enougth to give it more. I dont know any other car that I can get climate control, cruise control, speed limiter, automatic headlights, automatic wipers and xenons with a nice quick package out of the box for the same money.

so true agree totally ! 9/10 for me !