ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How do you remove a HID bulb out of the starter pack/black box?!

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
Im getting pretty pissed off with these lights now, just managed to break 1 of my working bulbs so now have to spend twice as much to get them working again! Iv got this black box thing in my hand and I cant work out how the bulb actually comes out?! I tried turning the black ring both way and iv tried pulling and wriggling the bulb out but both are stuck in place. Please someone help me before I loose it completely and smash them both :cry:

Clio T 314hp c43 AMG
Not an easy thing to explain, if you have it in your hand you should be able to figure it out, grab the black box (starter) and twist the black ring and it should split, if you look at the bulb side you can see the retaining tags, put it back together and refit (with the plug on the starter as you won't be able to plug it in after) and twist it into the headlamp, to be honest if your really struggling take the bumper off and the headlamps out it will be quicker than fannying around for a couple of hours.

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
so does it just basically pull straight out or does it need to be twisted or what? really struggling with this :S

With the bulb in place in the headlight, the black starter pack should twist a quarter turn one way or the other and then just pull off. Then you remove the bulb from the headlight.

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
With the bulb in place in the headlight, the black starter pack should twist a quarter turn one way or the other and then just pull off. Then you remove the bulb from the headlight.

i twisted the black starter pack and it came out with the bulb still inside it?! the bulb is now in the starter which is in my hand....:S

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
iv done a few searches and everyone is talking as if the starter pack comes out and leaves the bulb in situ? all I did was twist it 45degrees and it came out of the bakc of the headlight with the bulb still stuck in it?!

bulb.jpg

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
after 2 days of struggling the bloody thing just popped out hassle free followed by the other 1. Proper wind up. :dead: