ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How do you UK 172 owners manage

Woke up yesterday and today to -3 and nice dry roads :cool: and my car is absolutely flying :D

Down the autobahn at 180kph and Im having to hold it back!! How do you keep it slow enough the police dont take your license?

2005 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro

Yeah i know what you mean...even on warm days the car cruises at 180kph without any issues at all.

Problem in SA is that the cops hide away, so no yellow cameras etc...they ambush you...literally jump out in front of you, pull you over, crap you out, write you a 150 pound ticket, and send you on your way again

Gav 76, where are you located. Im just north of Marburg at the moment.

Do you get out to the ring at all?

-8 for me the past few mornings....

When i used to have mine(before i rolled it)i saw 147mph on the speedo.Chipped,exhaust and filter,anyone who was a member of the yahoo 172 group back in 2001 should remember this as i posted it on there at the time.

I wasnt in a hurry, cheeky mailto:b@5**rds">b@5**rds!! :devilish:

During the summer, 32 degrees with my 17s on I got 225kph on the clock then it refused to go any faster. Dont know if its limited coz it pulled right up to that then just refused to go any more. Oh, and I still got overtaken while doing that speed!! :eek:

Jean Ragnotti (is that your real name? ;)), Im in Munich but never been to the ring, must add it to the list of things planned for the summer. Weathers been a bit strange here, 8 degrees last week and this morning was -5. Im not looking forward to January, when it hits -20 you cant do anything at all.

Gav,

Actually Im Ed. Just thought that my cars moniker was a bit more appropriate for this forum...

It was very icy for me this morning. 50km/hr for the most part on my favourite country roads...

The ring should be opening in early March. You really have to experience it. Last Easter a few ClioSport cars made it out for a day. Ask any of them what it was like...