ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How far could you tune a V6

Mk2 Golf GTI

What would people say is a realistic power figure you could see if you modified engine as far as it would possibly go? Could you turbo/supercharge it? Was just interested as im really bored and want to read some techy stuff:D

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

the easy way is to ditch the v6 and slot in a compact v8 with two turbos.

Mk2 Golf GTI

which engine could that be? Would a single MASSIVE turbo not produce higher gains as a lot of the big power skylines/rx7s/supras go for a single turbo conversion?

Mk2 Golf GTI

Does the V6 have a removable floorpan in the rear so that the engine can be dropped out?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

No more than 400bhp.

you can get cheap asiatech engines now that would fit with a small amount of work ;)

:p

NA trim without too much work, 320-350bhp is fine and not really overly stressed. If your pumping it out and no cost issue then 500bhp+.

Add turbos to the equation and build strong enough components......hell, why stop until you break the 1000bhp marker.

nothing really special to getting the power apart from dosh.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

damn.. that what I was afraid off.. guess I will be sticking with the 172ps then :p

my friend worked at Reno for 4 years and went to the v6 launch (for the original) and they were saying it would be released with 300bhp. Apparently they never did this as it was highly unsafe... forget that, give us more power!!!

Ph1 172, Mini 2.0l T

BenR

It was Renault that released the V6 with its terrible handling, TWR tried to tell them before it was released but they were ignored as they didnt want to spend the money. Thats why TWR did the revamped geometry for the phase 2

A chip and the cams in the racing series give 285hp. With an exhaust and induction kit 300hp should be achievable.

EDD

Quote: Originally posted by MarkLD on 07 January 2004

BenR

It was Renault that released the V6 with its terrible handling, TWR tried to tell them before it was released but they were ignored as they didnt want to spend the money. Thats why TWR did the revamped geometry for the phase 2
They crashed a laguna V6 into the back of a clio......if it were my company i sure as hell wouldnt let it go out with such simple to sort fixes. Despite what Ren could of said.

Quote: Originally posted by JJ172 on 07 January 2004

So, BenR, how can you up the std Mk1 V6 to 300bhp with simple mods?
As i said earlier, the clio trophy cars make 285 with a renault sport twin TB, twin plenham, new ecu, std engine with new cams and valve springs, new exhaust and thats it. The std inlet manifold is quite a horrid thing......a spiderweb of bits.

So, headowrk, twin plenham setup, different cams and exhaust system should see you over 300bhp.

Swap over to individual throttle bodies and around 315bhp should be yours without any other mods at all (already done and proved).