ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How frustrating

Hi guys. Just got a new job and was told to go out and find a car for upto £12,000. Managed to track down a brand new Clio 172 in Pearl Black for £11,999 and the Oked it! Frustrating bit?

Well th car is ready for me to pick up tomorrow, bad news, my insurance through my new company doesnt kick in till Friday! I cant wait, I cant wait, I cant wait, I cant wait.....

So then any suggestions where I should take it when I do get it? I live in Derby, but want to take it for a decent run to get used to it.

Cheers and looking forward to joining the ranks.

Further to this, has anyone bought an imported Clio 172. Im getting it from Ian Shiptons in Burton and didnt notice if it had a multichanger in it or not. Do they come with this as standard? Also what do people think to the Xennon headlights? Any other options I should look out for?

Cant wait to drive it. Ive had a 106 Quiksilver for the last couple of years and had a 205 1.9 Gti before that. Should be interesting getting almost 100BHP more than Im used to in a similarly sized car!

Yes 6 disk multichanger is under the passenger seat. Xenons are brilliant and lot brighter than halogen lights by a long shot and they look cool!!

hmmm, I guess Ill have to wait and see what I get then. Not too bothered if I dont get one. The car sounds awsome as it is. So any suggestions as to where to take it for a drive. I was thinking wales. Id like somewhere remote ish so I dont need to be too careful.

Also I guess this has been asked a thousand times but did you guys run your cars in? Or do they come ready run-in? I guess Ill only have the car a couple of years so it wont really be my problem, but Id like to think the next person to have it will take care of it too so maybe I should grit my teeth and bear it for the first 1000 miles or so?

finally got it, Ill be out and about this weekend I think! Might take a cruise down to sussex and see my little sister! That should about get me run in nice and properly.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.

...hes got some well cool roads round where he lives, I went to university at loughborough (30 miles from derby approx.) and there are some amazing roads round there! Some of them were like playing the old "screamer rally" computer game.... If only Id had a decent car when I was there....(rather than a 950cc peugeot 205 xe!)

Adrian

yeah, we do have some great roads although more and more are being turned into 50mph restrictions with loads of cameras. Seems stupid turning country roads into 50s when theres nothing around and the roads are nice and wide. Im relocating to Lincoln soon. Loads of nice roads there to but Lincoln has one of the highest fatility rates on the roads. I think its down to the amount of agricultural traffic and people chancing overtaking. Thats one of the reasons I picked the 172. Get round and out of danger as quickly as possible.