ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How have your clio's handled the snow then?

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
mines been fine but when i turn slow i mean turn slow it slides a little even in the rain.

Scirocco GT 210
It's been fine. My problem is that open areas of snow encourage me to be daft :dapprove: Brake pedal goes bonkers when trying to brake. Don't have ESP but it didn't understeer unless I did it on purpose.

Also had fun trying to reverse up my uphill driveway, took a couple of (ok, 4 or 5) attempts to do. :S

Up hills she wheel spun, but on flats was ok. I tried giving her very few revs to stop spinning but stalled a couple of times.

I always thought the more power you have then the more difficult it would be to stop wheel spinning. I would have shat myself if I would have had to drive a 2.0ltr clio home today :eek:

when going up a snowey/icey hill, just keep it above tick over, dont rev too much ... thats wot i was told, well in diesel vans anyways hahah that didnt work for me! my van has crappy tyres and span no matter wot i did, tried it with ESP/TractionControl on and off in the Transit, and still couldnt get up a hill

BMW M135i
Managed it fine, just had to take it steady. 9/10 roads had been gritted round here anyway. Though did have to go for some sidewards empty car park action on thursday night.

RS-1, Bebop, CTR
Amen to that.

Mine handles like a dream in the snow, even on 3-year old 185/55 Michelin Alpines, just loves to go sideways with little or no drama, I don't even use the handbrake anymore.

Why put my car in a garage at this time of year, when it's the most fun, is really beyond me.

Lots of Alfas
Ive been quite suprised by my 172. My 1.2 had cup wheels/tyres and no abs and that was a nightmare!! The 172 seems well planted and braking is brilliant with abs.

havent driven it in 3 days now... its sat outside with the rain beading on it :approve:

oh, and we've not had any ice or snow here yet... oh the joys of living at the seaside!

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
mine was pretty s**t tbf, i cudnt get up this bit of hill even with a run up or jus goin slow and steady as poss.

but i jus cudnt get up this one bit, then some guy in a crappy fiests norm wheels jus went straight up. the muther fucker damn these alloys lol although drifting around corners was fun, well drifting at 5mph aha

Phase 1 172, boxster
Ive only got a Mk1 1.2 but it was so much fun in the snow. Escaped college with 3 mates one in a w reg 1.2, one in a fiat cinq (cant spell it) and the other in a 106 quicksilver and went terrorising the back streets of Guildford drifting and wheelspinning everywhere. was so much fun even up to the point where my mate in the fiat in front of me ended up facing in my direction lol Car Ballet cant beat it lol

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
:nono:tut tut...how very irresponsible of you.
Can't say i ever did anything like that back in my early driving days...:race:

Phase 1 172, boxster
Guess so but i was the only one in control to be honest, as i said the fiat guy spun it all the way around then when he tried to turn around he spun again and at one point he was on two wheels, The 106 guy drifted parallel smacking his wheels on a kerb and the clio guy clipped a parked car but that was a couple of hours before we went out. me, no problems at all lol

182cup & 172 racecar
I sent the Missus of to work in mine!,how long did that seem before she rang to say she got there saftley,after she first phoned to say she had ditched it and could I come and pull her out, b**ch,she thought that was funny.