ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How long will she go on for?

1.2 16v clio
Right Ladies and Gents,

My little 1.2 (2004) dynamique has just clocked 106,500 miles via mostly motorway and long A road driving. Everything other then mods such as induction kit and backbox are OE apart from the Belts (which were changed at 58,000 and will be due again in Jan 2014 as it will be 5 years since they were done), Coilpack and crackshaft sensor. How much more is she likely to go on for? Not sure whether to trade her in for a new car now or run her into the ground and save as many pennies as I cant to avoid having to take out finance.

Thanks

Panda

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Sold my 1.2 when it was at 116k and its still going a year later.

I'd imagine it will go for a fair bit yet as long as its well maintained!

1.2 16v clio
Ah thanks guys, was starting to think that she wasnt built to last much over 100,000, but 180K plus?...I maintain her as best as I can, with servicing at the right point etc etc and being a 1.2 I dont bother nailing it....just a comfortable 80mph down the motorway...feel a little more confident she is going to last now (touch wood) haha

clio sport ph 1
They go on forever , if engine is dead no problem , bushes , etc are all fairly priced(if you can do the work yourself ) . Garage prices kill the most clio's because they are cheap over here . .Just run the thing;)

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
My old 1.2 is now on 143k iirc and still going string, passed its MOT last week only needing a tyre :)

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Yeah that'll be fine. Martin bought his mums ex driving school car when he was 17 and then raped it every single day and it still went over 150k. If you actually take care of it then it'll just keep plodding along.

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
My MK1 1.2 went up to 140K, it only stopped because someone drove into the side of it.

Original clutch and gear box.

Just keep servicing it regularly, and shouldn't be too many issues.

Renault Clio MK4 RS
my clio 1.2 8v has got 101.5k on it and still going strong. apart from a minor oil leak at the moment. in the last 4 months its had ht leads, coilpack, spark plugs, crank sensor, track rod ends, brakes all round, new tyres all round with alloys, air filter and soon to be an oil filter and oil change :) and my car hasnt nessesarily had an easy life in the 7-8months of me owning it! :p

Renault Clio 1.4 16V
^ very true, as long as it's maintained and you keep an eye on it, it will go as long as you want it to

Cup In bits
My mum's car is on 130k, never gets serviced, mot every year isn't too bad either. Saying that I have a complete front end suspension refresh to do it next week as its getting tired. They chew through crank sensors but at £26iirc you can't complain.

Inferno 225 cup
My dad 4ltr jeep Cherokee 118,000 full engine rebuild at 100,000 had a hard life towing, now it's just used and a toy for me and my dad.