ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How long you had your 172 Cup?

172 Cup, Caterham R300
Hi Keben, nice one!

FlamingMonkey, yeah used to have A Williams, L646 DKL Number 36 I think, nice car.

Neil.P

M2 Competition
Lol, mines a few miles off 50k, i thought that was bad until i saw marks!

Have just put a set of eibach sportlines on, seem to improve the handling even further, and not noticeably harder than standard on road.
Worth a try if you're not going down the coilover route.

Whereabouts are you based neil? :)

172 Cup, Caterham R300
Hi Peperami, I'm on the Kent/London borders. Quite near Bexleyheath actually :dead: :(
So you tried your new Eibachs out in anger yet Peper?

Anybody's exhaust fell off? Mine did, what a git that was :dead: lol

M2 Competition
Aye, mine did on about 33k, was a right b**ch.

What did you replace yours with?

Been raining since i put them on, but am at the airfield meet in the morning, so be good to see what they're up to :)

You should try get across to berkshire matey, me and baldylocks live quite close, and some wicked roads round this way, be good to get a little cup meet going :cool:

172 Cup, Caterham R300
Peper, can't remember the name of the exhaust off the top of my head, one thing I do know is, it looks sh!te and a bit too big for my liking, but it was a hell of a lot cheaper than getting a new Renault Baco-foil one.

Have a good 'un at the airfield. Yeah would'nt mind meeting up for a little blast one day!

Any of you lot go to the Goodwood Breakfast meets? I went to one last year, quite good it was too!

Neil.P

172CUP/Fiesta supersport
had mine since may/ish 2005. It had 7.5k on it then and it now has only 16k and I love it, I have recently spunked a few quid on it tho (performance) to keep the love affair strong.

172 Cup, Caterham R300
Hi Mozz, these motors make a bit of a dent in your Bank Balance don't they :rolleyes: what have you done to it then Mozz?

Neil.P

Z4 Roadster
had mine since July last year. Not been trouble free (major bang in August!) but still love it. :)

just touching close to 41k

MCS R56
Had my Cup for 3 years, just had 24000 miles service and everything is great.

Love driving it, still looks great (okay, there are a few unavoidable scratches) and will probably keep it for a while.

J

JACKO CUP 172!

nearly had mine 2 years.still give me a hardon when i floor it..lol;)

172 Cup, Caterham R300
Hi There Ian, skin and gaz!
Some more pretty low mileage cars then!
So what caused the bang then skindemon, giving it a bit too much welly or was it a fault with the car?

Cheers
Neil.P

130i, 306 hdi, vrs
Hi all ive had my cup for two years now , and i love it it never lets me down i take it to the ring twice a year and the odd trip to bedford , best mod has been the coilovers if your doing loads of track days i would defo get your self a set ! i only really use mine as a weelend toy ive got a zetec s as a run around .

clio 172 cup
Had mine from new on 53 plate.Done 17k,thought of getting rid but theres nothing out there that compares at the moment

C

clio172cup20

about 8 month now.... put nearly 15k on the clock :/

love it !!! First car so im attached hehe.. :D

Golf MK7,GSX-R600 L4
3 years for me, registered in dec2003 bought march 04 - loving it!!!! cant think of a car i could get with the power and fun factor without ploughing another 10 grand into a part exchange

172 Cup, Caterham R300
Hi eo52, jason, clio and crazy :)

Yeah you're right, you're looking at something like the Golf GTI as the next best thing and they start at about 20k don't they!

Neil.P

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Will have had mine 2 years on June 6th. Got it with 8200 miles on the clock and has now done just over 32000.
Still love it to bits, despite its rattles and knocks, although its now starting to need money spent on it. Brakes are next to be done and its having 2 wheels refurbed this week.

After that, prob springs and may look into a new exhaust.....and then the dreaded cambelt renewal in December of all months....eeek.

clio 172 cup
Bought my cup march 03 and its now done 40k and still going strong!
Recently given up with the dealers as they know jack s**t!

172 Cup, Caterham R300
Hi Ollie, swaddle :)

I've had mixed experiences with the Dealers, generally not that bad. However when I went to one dealer during one of my MOT fiasco's. They looked at the car and said it needs new discs, new calipers and new BRAKE PADS. I'd only changed the pads the week before (there was'nt even anything wrong with any of the brakes)

Still I'm over it now :D :cool:

Neil.P

Z4 Roadster
erm, bit too much welly / no luck = bang :(

still, at least I know everything is good now for quite a while! :)

172 Cup
Had mine since March 06, been good to me, except it's in need of a new resistor pack for the CC. :(

350Z Roadster+Oil Burner
Had mine since Nov 2004. had 2500, now 29000. Not getting to drive it as much as i used to (have a focus for commuting). When i do get to drive it, it's like driving it for the first time again.

Nippy white cup
Had mine since June 2003. Pretty much ragged from day one. Haven't loads of probs..just the same ones not being sorted properly. Had 6-7 visits due to engine mounts. Sometimes they were sorted properly..other times the knocking came back a few days later. Had a couple of gearboxes again done on warrenty and at 40k a new engine (wasn't that bad but apparently was easier/cheaper to give a new engine which I wasn't going to argue with lol.

Got it running spot on with no hardcore mods then it got written off :(. Worked out in the end tho as I got more money than it was worth and managed to get the car back. Only panel damage but was too expensive to fix. Now it is stripped out and used only as a road legal track car and only driven when I need it for the track. Like Cup Racer says it is like driving it for the 1st time again...especialy after driving round in my 1.8 T Mk4 golf lol...lard arse!

Pre bonnet collision

RIMG0932-1.jpg

After

RIMG0956light.jpg

RIMG0960.jpg

In its natural environment

OultonpkNov06576.jpg

OultonpkNov06217.jpg

RR after Chipwizards remap, decat + full stainless exhaust, bmc with cold air feed, 182 manifold goes quite well! ;)

DSC00509.jpg

Chris

172Petey

Had mine since november 06, bought it on 14K now on 16.5K on a 53 all going strong so far, but I dont want to jinks it!

Got K-tec gearbox mount bushes to fit, and silkoline oil to change into when I get chance. ITG pannel filter is already in!

Cant fault it, but I need somegood weather to havesome real fun, all these damp roads are giving me withdrawal symptoms! :dapprove:

172 Cup, Caterham R300
Hi Skin, nice one. glad it's back up and running for you!

Hi pecan, not got cc on my one. Is that an expensive job replacing/fixing the resister pack?

Hi racer, 29000 miles as well :) we've only just run 'em in, loads of life in 'em yet :quiet: Sh!t what have I just said, something will most probably go wrong now! :D

Hi Chris, such a shame you had an accident, really like the black wheels and the little yellow badges. Well at least you got a decent track car now. Nice piccies too. Whats that at the bottom, 195.4 BHP??? :cool:

Hi Pete, nice one. Yeah let's pray for some better weather shall we. At least the recent weather has washed all the salt off the roads

Cheers
Neil.P

172 cup,s2 rs turbo
had mine from new (december 2002) and its got about 55k on it. As of yet no problems just a couple of tyres and one set of front/rear brake pads. still on original brake discs all round which have survived 2 track days at that.

Cupra 300 ST 4drive
Had my first 172 new in feb 02 iceburg ff kept it for 3 years and 55,000 miles, sold it bought an alfa gtv 3.0 v6 kept that a year, then realised i needed another cs fix, bought the racing blue ff cup kits last june

172 Cup, Caterham R300
Cheers for all the replies!

Frasers Cup, nice one. I'd love an S2 Elise, think I'd go for the 111R!

Neil.P