ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How Loud is Ur Install

panasonic 4x50w head unit

infinity 13cm components

sony 3way 220w 6x9

JBL 1000W GT4 SUB

JBL GTO2000 AMP, ITS PRETTY LOUD!

[Edited by renaultsport83 on 17 May 2004 at 5:52pm]

[Edited by renaultsport83 on 17 May 2004 at 5:54pm]

guys, if your getting measured how i think you are, and not full range, speakers do absolutely nothing, the only thing that is measured is your sub.

my highest score has been 135.x db at mean street cruise about a year ago, one rockford fosgate 12" sub (2212 i think, the big mofo) taking about 900 watts RMS up its arse in a huge ported box.

i was struggling with battery power that day as the remote wasnt working well from outside the car, i reckon I could have hit 140 db if the remote worked properly.

when i get my new car, and get stuff installed, I reckon i should be able to hit 130 db quite easily. that will be 600 rms going into a crystal CMP12 sub, in sealed box.

Laguna

Quote: Originally posted by 16vneil on 17 May 2004

164.9db but our car isnt ur every day install

neil
:eek:haha wicked mate, tell me more hehe. I dont know what my install would give, but as pointed out just worry about the subs for DBs guys. My install in the 172 is more SQ this time. I reckon i should be about 130db with the W6.

Clio v6

I turn my stereo up to number 6. Thats loud enough to hear it.

I dont need my neighbours to hear it, and I dont disturb their new born babies from the valuable sleep they need.

If you want loud music go to the discotech.

:)

Polo + Micra

130 dbs from a W6:eek:

im going to have to blow the dust off and get it out from under my bed:oops:

loudest system i have ever installed in one of my cars was 119db, and that was with 2 Focal 13" subs, average for me is circa 105db, but as most people know, i dont like big booming bass, id rather have a system i can listen to, as opposed to a system i can hear

anything more than 120db in an everyday car is a waste of time, and to be perfectly honest, pretty dangerous

Stanced Honda S2000

kenwood 4*50watt mp3 player

or ps2 with tv screen playin music dvds thru the ps2.

kenwood 1000watt mono amp running 2*400watt rms 12" rockfords

jbl gto 400 2 channel runnin - pioneer 6*9s 240watt and alpine front doors 200watt. headunit running standard tweeters and 80watt pioneer rear speakers.

not bad . makes my nose itch !!

[Edited by Rich_M on 17 May 2004 at 9:13pm]

Cupra K1 & Clio 200

Ive got a Rocky 12 2212 i think, and a Alpine V12 Class D amp @ 500W rms i think. sounds pretty loud, but would be nice to have an exact figure on it.

I recently managed a 151.2db reading on the Audiocontrol mics. I havent had it tested on the Termlab sensors though.

Thats from 2x Kicker L7 15s in 1.5cuft sealed boxes with 1800 rms to each from 2x Audiobahn A1800DTs. There is also a pair of ported Resonant Engineering HC12s with 2x Rockford bd500.1s giving around 1000 watts RMS to each. (1 ohm load).

The system is designed mainly for looks. streetbass and music though so doesnt hit that high on a meter compared to most SPL systems.

Russ

oh and I have an Audiocontrol Epic 150 db tester if you need it for a meet. It will record reliably up to 150db (around 3db too high) and then anything above that tends to be a bit less reliable. Its set up already on a flylead to be ran in other people cars. I have used it in a soundoff previoulsy with good results.

Russ

Laguna

Quote: Originally posted by Dink16v on 17 May 2004

130 dbs from a W6:eek:

im going to have to blow the dust off and get it out from under my bed:oops:
Dont see why not matey, I have had enough guys take a look who are in the business and asked each one of them what they reckon and they all seem to agree. I might be wrong completely but I wouldnt mind knowing, if there is enough power up the arse of it, dont see why not even if they are not big power subs.

Quote: Originally posted by James on 17 May 2004

I turn my stereo up to number 6. Thats loud enough to hear it.

I dont need my neighbours to hear it, and I dont disturb their new born babies from the valuable sleep they need.

If you want loud music go to the discotech.

:)
LOL @ that post

Custom Clio Panache

this is my shedded install that reached 126.2dB

http://www.falkirkcruise.net/cars/Steve_Clio/Pic010.jpg

the subs r only 150w RMS each, n theyre runnin of full power (2 ohms),

also the fact i have the bottom of the range JVC h/u at the moment wont do anythin gd 2wards the readin

gonna get the 10" JBL 1000w subs when i get payed, n bigger amp soon also, then go for new h/u, then im hopin to hit 150+

Laguna

Just a idea, but could someone sort something out for us all to have our ICE tested like a little event or something. I wouldnt mind paying and im sure others wouldnt mind if it was reasonable.

2015 Audi S3 Stage 3

http://www.reallymeansounds.com/forum/files/bootamp1.jpg

i havent had mine tested yet but shud be looking round the 140db mark

alpine 15rb HU

spx-117A comps amped with a t320 alpine amp

2x12" 4ohm type r subs 300w rms in alpine boxes

2xmrd-m500 alpine amps

audiocontrol EQ

and a maplins powercap

the system is not yet set up properly as i have to send it to the workshop to get the amps and EQ set rite and the car needs sound deadened

Scenic mk1 (F3R)

well i cant afford ne thing new at the mo but i want a dogs balls system and its gona be all alpine. at the moment ive got a sony cdx-ca900, 2 12" xplod pentagon subs and a 444 amp sounds pretty good for what i payed

:eek:haha wicked mate, tell me more hehe. I dont know what my install would give, but as pointed out just worry about the subs for DBs guys. My install in the 172 is more SQ this time. I reckon i should be about 130db with the W6.
its 2 resonate engineering MT 15s , 4 SPL dynamic 2000ds amps , 16v power supply and lots and lots of testing

oh and its in a mini

neil

agree with neil, would like to know what systems you guys have to get those scores!

neil - impressive mate, what you think of the new RE subs?

very very good

just had recones from am cos they died when we were in germany

did the 164.9 after bolting them in almost , lots more 2 come from them

does 158 on the new termlab sensor

neil

williams 2 turbo

mine has got 3 12jl w3v2 each being run on an alpine v12, bass cube, the source unit is a pioneer 9400mp and theres components, two sets run off another v12. dont know what mic was used, but fusion supplied it at a local soundoff.

the current UK record for ur set up is 152 ish i think on the type of mic u went on

i have seen some stupidly wrong high scores on the fusion mics

neil

[Edited by 16vneil on 20 May 2004 at 9:55pm]

williams 2 turbo

fair enough, only tellin you what they told me, p.s. at yarmouth a month or so ago a corsa hit 156 something. maybe someone should tell um there equipment sucks then.

wasnt having a dig just telling u how it is

was that at the stadium , if so the scores were all over the place there

the mics were up and down all day

neil

i didnt say ur gear was crap either

[Edited by 16vneil on 21 May 2004 at 1:22pm]

406 passion wagon..

Where abouts are you guys taking the readings? Sat in the Drivers seat or some feet away from tyhe car??