ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How Low is your Valver

Hello all you fellow valver owners!

how much is yours lowered by, and what size wheels / tyres have you got fitted?

Have you had any problems with them at all?

Mine is lowered about 60mm on the front, and about the same on the back. It has got 195-45-15 tyres fitted, but am looking at getting some bigger wheels, poss 16s prob 17s, and lift up the suspension a bit. The ride is just too harsh.

cheers!

Chris.

300bhp MR2 Turbo

Mines on 17s and lowered 35mm - wheels sit comfortably in the rear archs with no rub unless I have two fatties in the back.

Get a little rub on lock at the front.

Would like it lower as the 17s take the over ride hight up a bit but need to be practical as have alot of speed humps and often have people in the back.

Might invest in some subtle skirts and splitters to make it look lower!

yeah, there are loads of speed humps where I live too. cant get to work without travelling over some!

I guess youve got 205-40-17 tyres?

are your arch liners still in place in the front?

Cheers.

300bhp MR2 Turbo

Mine are R5 GTT fitment wheels with spacers on the back so not too sure what to expect if I went lower. Not to mention dont wanna spend ANOTHER £160 getting it lowered again!

Would prob have more problems with lock than rear end rubbing.

Chris - yes they are 205/40/17s and tbh I cant remember if I took the arch liners out or not.

I did take a few parts of the rear off though!

Mine is lowered -50mm with 195/45/16s on.

Fine, no catching/rubbing at all. Very marginal on full lock, you dont notice but you can tell if you look inside the arch.....

(ex-2.0 Hybrid)CorradoVR6

Mines to low at the min. runing standard tyres 185/55 15s, rear wheels hits the top of the arch:eek:, exhaust scrapes generally not very good on back roads. The rear will be lifted as soon as I can be muster up the effort to do it.

Its got gas bodge shox all round but not sure on the make or drop of the springs, brought the car like it.

Cheers everyone for the replies.

what is the ride like with 17s? is it very harsh? i guess my 195-45-15s have got a similar profile anyway?

Cheers.

Chris.

300bhp MR2 Turbo

Nah its not too bad actually mate - I only have springs though, if you had springs and shox or even coilovers the ride would be alot stiffer.

Had quite a few compliments about how mine handles as well which is suprising as usually 17s murder the art of cornering!