ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How many Cups per year

Am I the only one who thought that the Cup was supposed to be limited to a run of 500 per year? Anyone know exactly how many have been produced for the UK market?

Clio v6

I have read through almost everything I can find about the Cup.

Nearest figures I can find is on a PDF document on sales quotas from Nissan/Renault. Saying an expected turnover of 3200 units for Uk markets for the period 2003/2004.

A Renault report for ( Australia ) says it is released as a Limited Edition for New Zealand.

Apart from that, I do like the praise over the CTR this report gives.

"Capable of sprinting from 0-60mph in only 6.8 seconds, the 172 Cup is the fastest four-seat car available for less than £20,000. Weighing in at just 1,021kg, the Clio offers a "real" 168bhp per ton. By comparison, Hondas acclaimed Civic Type R offers a mere 166bhp".

Over all I reckon the Cup is very good value for money. ( Limited or not )

Clio 197

The French market which should be a fairly large one for Renault was "limited" to 300 units. Im sure more will be on the way as I just ordered mine yesterday and nobody said anything about limited. As they need to sell at least 2500 for Groupl A/N homologation purposes, the figures quoted above seem reasonable.

Funny that the UK should be the primary market though...maybe they felt that it wouldnt sell without the air conditioning in France.

And the Renault garage here doesnt have any information on the RenaultSport bits for the car either. I do have a catalogue on order from RenaultSport/Alpine in Dieppe but no sign of it yet. The bits are available apparently, but they sure as hell havent a clue as to how to properly market them!

Clio 197

The manufacturer must produce 2500 identical models within a 12-month period which must adhere to the guidelines laid down in the Group N FIA homologation papers.

As there is a seperate homologation for the Ragnotti/Cup, you can be sure that at least 2500 examples, complying exactly with the homologation specification, will be built in the first year. Then just like the Willy, you will probably see the more luxurious cars appearing in the next year...

Clio 197

The Group N rally cars are 2.0. The cars you are thinking of are the S1600 kit cars, a totally different beast and at least twice the cost.

Only a few kit cars need to be built and made available to privateer rally teams:

TYPE OF CAR
Group A VK -S1600 kit variant; front wheel drive.

HOMOLOGATION
Family: 25000 units in 12 months
Model: 2500 units in 12 months

Kit: 20 sets of:
Cylinder head cover
Intake & exhaust manifolds
Flywheel (2600 g min)
Pistons (310 g min)
Connecting rods (405 g min)
Crankshaft (8570g min)
Front strut mounts
Front bumper
Rear wing
Fenders
Wheel arch modifications
And 1 of:
Cylinder block if re-bored
Bonnet if modified

DIMENSIONS 3600<length<4000mm. Increase width by 140mm up to 1805mm maximum

WEIGHT 950 kg min no crew & fuel; 1100 kg with crew.

MATERIALS No titanium or magnesium unless used on production car. Carbon fibre: single layer on visible surfaces only

CHASSIS Main roll-hoop: steel Ø45 x 2.5mm thick; 500 N/mm2 min. Rest of roll-cage can be CFS3BK

BODYWORK Fenders can be plastic or GFRP but doors & bonnet remain steel

AERODYNAMICS Rear wing: 170 x 170 x 1100mm long max. GFRP only

ENGINE 1600cc 4 cylinders. Max compression 13:1 9000 RPM max

CLUTCH Ø184 minimum; no carbon; single plate

INLET Single series production throttle body Ø 60. 4 injectors max.

There is also a price limit for a fully assembled kit which is about $80,000 if I remember correctly. And I wouldnt be surprised if the manufacturer loses money at that price!<A style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #ffffff; FONT-FAMILY: Arial" href= "http://www.rallycodriver.co.uk/prepcompanies/technical/techspec.htmBR