ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How many miles does a clio engine last for?

Clio mk2 ph1
Im currently driving around in my 1.2 with 154000 miles but im looking to buy a clio 1.6 si with 130000 does this matter? i know its high mileage but will it last?

07 Campus Sport 1.2
depends on a lot of factors, mainly when its been serviced and if its always been looked after. if its got a perfect service history then it should be fine, the bigger clio engines are tough old girls

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
depends how well its been looked after .. and any previous rebuilds etc. it may be fine for another 20k or it may drop to bits in the first 3k ... gotta also think why is the person selling it at this point rather than running it into the ground etc

Clio RS 172 /Trafic
Engines will easily last higher mileages now. They are much better built and the oils used are far better at protecting the internals. It all depends how well its been serviced and how its been driven.

My old GTi-6 was at 150k of hard miles and never grumbled.
Personally the way it's been driven and the quality of servicing is more important to me than the miles - most of my cars have been high milers.

ITB'd MK1
I repaired a cambelt failure on a 1.4 with 155k on the clock. Bores were like new. New set of valves, gaskets and a cambelt kit and I expect it'll keep going for another 50k at least