ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How much cabin weight in a 1.2 clio (passengers + luggage)

A3 Tdi
Hi there,

I havnt had a clio for over 2years but still find myslef coming back!

My brothers got a little Clio 1.2 16v and he is off to a festival in a couple of weeks, it's a good 200mile+ round trip and he is planning on taking himself, four others and a boot full of gear.

Does anyone know if the clio has a weight limit of some kind because im pretty sure with all those people and luggage it will be in breach of the limit. Parker's suggests it's un-braked tow limit is 510kg but would this be the same for the cabin?

Asides from it being incredibly slow, laboured, poor brakes and awfull handling is the clio upto it? Im not convinced its a good idea attal but I just wanted to hear yours oppions too!

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
It'll be fine. Unless you're filling it with bags of cement, it'll be ok, just slow.

Also, the clue is in the wording... 'tow' weight. Unless he's putting them all in a trailer, there's no way he'll be done for anything weight wise.

I would not however, want to be 5 up in a 1.2 (or anything smaller than an S-Max TBQFH) for more than about 5 minutes.

Another thing to notes, is how hilariously small the boot is on a Clio. 5 sleeping bags and a 6pack of Fosters and the boot will be full.

2 Clios, 5 people and 'gear' would be much better IMO.