ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How much for 55 plate trophy CAT D - quick answer needed !!!!

R35 GTR
light front end damage, fully repaired.

8000 miles?

Need a quick answer going to look at one in 5 minutes.

Last edited:
  FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
7-8k tops.
Just try selling it on as a cat D with 40k on it and 3-4 years old
Be worth 2 grand by then,There is no way i would buy a car of this caliber that was cat d.I would go for a mondeo tdci perhaps for 3k and then run it into the ground.
You will loose so much money on this and then be stuck with it

ian

Ad

MK2 FRS
you need to buy wisely with CAT Ds. However, the one that was on ebay went for 8250 and that was a good while ago!!

btw, my mate bought his 55plate with 8k on for 10250 and that was unlisted etc.

A4 Avant
I reckon about 7/8K expcect to lose more when it comes to sell it. Make sure its repaired properly as well. Does cat D have to go for inspection?

Nippy white cup
My Cup was written off recently as a cat d....03 reg with 60k on the clocks. I got 7k from the insurance and bought it back for 2k.....for a car probably worth 5k to start with. As Ian said it isn't what you pay now but how much it is going to worth in the future

Chris

Ad

MK2 FRS
Lets say I sell it in a year with 20k on clock, what would it be worth then?

The way i loook at it is that as long as you buy it at the right price it will only be depreciate at the same rate as normal ones. just you will have paid less and it will be worth less. As cars get older the difference in value between at CATD one and a normal one becomes smaller.

cat d has to have a vic check but it dosent mean the cars badly damaged have seen worse cat c than d a vic check dont even check the repair

Ad

MK2 FRS
^ I cant quite make sense of that.

but yeah Ds only have a VIC which is nothing to do with the repair.

R35 GTR
well this CAT d has been on the road for over 6 months that I know of, plus the owners say it drives straight. Would i be getting ripped off if I offer 8k?

for a 55 plate it sound ok if its a nice repair just have a good look over it c if parts r genuine wot he has put on it sum copy parts r s**t gap wise

R35 GTR
They will definitely be genuine parts. Just need to find out if suspension is the good stuff, if not I'll walk away.

Ad

MK2 FRS
no they r checkin for stolen parts not the state of repair

its more to make sure the car going back on the road is the one that was damage. hence the "identitiy check". In the past people stole cars, then re identified them up as a write off... easy money.

Lee

BMW M2C
Be careful Dave. There's a Trophy which a guy bought for his wife which he wasn't aware at the time had been a CAT D. When he came to get some warrenty stuff done Renault flagged it up and it wasn't covered.

It had Cup struts on it and different springs if I remember correctly. There's a chance it could be that. That's been on the road a while and done a couple of RenaultSport track days this year.

Of course it may be a completely different car, but there's not many about, although I know of at least 2 which have been written off from frontal impacts.

Lee

BMW M2C
I couldn't tell you the number mate. Must have been late registered to be a low numbered car on a 55 plate.

The one I'm thinking of had a private plate on it. The bloke who owned it's a big old boy. lol

R35 GTR
Be careful Dave. There's a Trophy which a guy bought for his wife which he wasn't aware at the time had been a CAT D. When he came to get some warrenty stuffdone Renault flagged it up and it wasn't covered.

It had Cup struts on it and different springs if I remember correctly. There's a chance it could be that. That's been on the road a while and done a couple of RenaultSport track days this year.

Of course it may be a completely different car, but there's not many about, although I know of at least 2 which have been written off from frontal impacts.

will definitely be careful, the owners are a breakers yard.;) They have been using it for 6 months or so.

Is it neils trophy? If so it won't be "bodged" up.

Cat D cars do not require a check to be put back on the road, only Cat C cars.

I repair cars which are in a Cat D state everyday and they don't get checked.

R35 GTR
Ah, probably not that one then. It's not number 52 is it?
It is indeed number 52 and Neil's car. Just found the info on cliotrophy.co.uk

If it had suspension damage, would this have been replaced or deemed too expensive to repair? I think if the suspension hasnt been replaced then the car is not worth 8k.

Last edited: