ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How much for all this lot then??

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Mk1 172, 2001-Xreg.

Cambelt
tensioners
Rear discs
rear pads
Engine oil
gearbox oil
fuel filter
spark plugs

I've just been quoted a price by a mate, then for comparison, got one off the local dealers. :dead:

i nearly fell off my stool!!!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Renault Quoted me £1700 (!!!!!!!!!!!!!), my mate is doing it for £310.

I thought that was a good deal! :)

Cambelt £120 I think for the full kit
Rear discs (if your resusing bearing (no point as old ones will fail if resused £60)
rear pads £20ish
Engine oil £30 for anything decinet
gearbox oil £30 for anything decinet
fuel filter (no point filters good for 150k)
spark plugs (£20 ish)
Thats a heck of a lot more than what he's quoted I guess thats not incluign labout as cambelt ius 5 hours labour.

superfastdan said:
Mk1 172, 2001-Xreg.

Cambelt
tensioners
Rear discs
rear pads
Engine oil
gearbox oil
fuel filter
spark plugs

I've just been quoted a price by a mate, then for comparison, got one off the local dealers. :dead:

i nearly fell off my stool!!!

can you get an engine mount fitted for me mate ? dunno which one it is maybe you could have a look on sunday ?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Edde, what this about the rear bearings?? I was told it would be ok to re-use them???

But as for the price, a few things walked out of the door at the dealers where i work. (renault;))

Edde, what this about the rear bearings?? I was told it would be ok to re-use them???

But as for the price, a few things walked out of the door at the dealers where i work. (renault;))

The'll love doing stock taking at your place then.

No point IMO resusing they there fragile enough. If you resue them they end up dieing very quick and you've got to take the take them off again to do it.
If your getting labour for free and don't mind risking it or are selling the car soon fine otherwsie I'l take the simple easy option.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
okley dokely!

But i've got the disc and pads for the rear, do i just order the bearings and ABS rings as extra? or do i need to re order the whole lot???!!!

okley dokely!

But i've got the disc and pads for the rear, do i just order the bearings and ABS rings as extra? or do i need to re order the whole lot???!!!

I'm sure Renault supply rear disks with new bearings pressed in as standard for a 172/182 so your order might be with bearings but at the price I'm not sure.

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
if there renault rear discs they come with bearings etc, i should hope his mate has worked on them before seeing as he an RTE for our dealership.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
HaHaHa!!!^^^

I bought the discs and pads off some company in Bristol, they didn't come with bearings...........ok, pannicking now..........