ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How much for my 172 wheels?

ClioSport 172
Just bought myself a new set of alloys for my 172, not intending on ever taking them off so to gain a few ££ back, thought i'd sell the original wheels.

They are in pretty awesome condition, only some very minor kerbing & not at all on at least 1. Still got alot of tread left, but on weird tyres i've never heard of!

Any rough price I should ask for them? I've not a clue! Cheers guys

ClioSport 172
Yeah i'll take some pics when they're off the car & cleaned up a bit more... not needing to sell them asap or anything

Tyres are x3 Hankook Ventus Primes? & 1 Continental

Havent checked the spare wheel, but i'll be keeping the shittest one as a spare wheel!

Cheers x

PH-Lamer 1.4 16v
"The Hankook Ventus Prime K105 is an all-season tyre that delivers the perfect balance of comfort and technical performance for today’s touring sports cars and luxury performance saloons. While the solid central rib aids in handling, the high-angle diagonal grooves channel water away from the center. The interlocking shoulder rib ensures flexibility for wet traction and prevents irregular wear without compromising handling. The high kerf density across the tread adds cutting edges that improve grip on bends, making the K104 the perfect choice.
Grip in Dry: 4 out of 5
Grip in wet: 4 out of 5
Overall performance: 4 out of 5"
look pretty good tyres to me, even though ive never heard of them :S

ClioSport 172
Haha ditto! Does seem decent even if i've never heard of them too! God i'd keep them if I wasnt getting 17s!

Where'd you find that write up?

ClioSport 172
Nice one cheers! Not sure what tyres i've just got on my new wheels so gonna have a peek on there!

Ian

Focus TDCi
Priced sensibly I'd be quite interested Rach, I'm not sure what to offer though!

Quite a bit of work to do to my car once I pick it up though, so may get beaten to them by someone else I guess. I'm a bit trigger-happy at the mo, got so many things lined up to get!

ClioSport 172
Cool stuff, well they're not even off the car yet & wont be for at least 1/2 weeks, was just after a rough price really. I saw a set on ebay which were perfect condition, gonna see what they go for probably & base mine on that!

Haha tell me about being trigger happy, just spent £750 in 1 day on my car! All bargains though that was the problem!

PH-Lamer 1.4 16v
what kind of condition are the tyres in? if they are in good condition and if u can manage to find a cheap 4th one from somewhere, you would probably get more from selling the alloys n tyres seperately i think

ClioSport 172
A cheap 4th one? Tyres are decent condition, havent measured them yet though...

Is it worth selling them separate?

PH-Lamer 1.4 16v
yeh if there is decent tread on them and you have a matching set they can go for more. I split my old saxo alloys n tyres n made about 80 quid more than i would have done
there a place near me that sells the spare tyres from written off cars, got a matching set of goodyear eagles for mine for 60quid, so u can probably find one there :D

Ian

Focus TDCi
Cool stuff, well they're not even off the car yet & wont be for at least 1/2 weeks, was just after a rough price really. I saw a set on ebay which were perfect condition, gonna see what they go for probably & base mine on that!

Haha tell me about being trigger happy, just spent £750 in 1 day on my car! All bargains though that was the problem!

Ha yeah aren't they always! I just know I'm taking money out of my wallet and handing it to the insurers, and yet I still do it.

Well let me know how it goes / if they're available anyway. No doubt you'll have a lot of interest for them, what've you replaced them with?

ClioSport 172
Just got some Kei Racing RSS's...

Will stick some pics up on here when they've arrived & been fitted! Couldnt resist them, guy knocked over £200 off them for me! Think he took a shine to me! lol, hope my insurance doesnt go up too much! lol

But yeah keep an eye on here for when I do stick them up for sale! Cause i'll advertise them on here first

Ian

Focus TDCi
Cool cool, may have to hire a lady to do my bidding :rasp:
I'll keep an eye out for any updates.

ClioSport 172
Haha yeah even my mate who works at the shop couldnt believe how cheap I blagged him! It just kept coming down! lol

He was only on the other end of the phone from head office or somewhere, so he couldnt even see what I looked like! Just the gift of the gab I reckon! lol