ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

***How much is it worth?***

AB Clio 182 FF
Hi ,
After some advice on how much my clio would be worth selling as spares or repairs as i have a new car , as the circlip has popped on the diff , its an 04 182 ff Artic blue Scorpion exhaust system including decat (currently has original cat on ) ,panel filter ,98 ron rs tuner map(have the overrun map aswell for the car just dont have the rs tuner),maybe few bits i forgot.
Roughly 106k miles , tax till march , mot till end of feb ,
bad points- aswell as the gearbox it also has a crack on windscreen , wheels need refurbing , and bumper could do with respray due to stone chips

(i do have another gearbox that has a bolt in diff but unfortunately lost drive in 1st gear when it was removed ( could be refurbed ))

thanks

anybody ? lol

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
How to price for breaking a black ph1 172?

im just weighing up the odds for breaking the car, all bar the engine and wheels will be for sale, but how do panels/doors/wings/bumpers/interior price for the ph1?
if anyone can give a vague guideline then I can stick up a or sale thread over the coming few days.

Many thanks.

Mk3 clio 1.5dci
Thinking of selling my 2010 clio dci

Hi all, thinking of selling my clio. It is oyster grey, comes with 197 steering wheel, kenwood CD player with iPod control and Bluetooth inc mic, has gen Renault sill covers, gen clio cup spoiler, full spax -45mm adjustable lowering kit, new top mounts all round, hel braided brake lines all round, ktek panel filter, full service history up until the timing belt snapped and Renault replaced engine in July so next service is 5 months or nearly 5000 miles away, flywheel,clutch and engine 100% new. Fox fx004 wheels with very good tread. The wheels are blue... It has been mapped on the new engine and is way smoother and quieter than before, and I consistently get 50mpg upwards on the short 7 mile journey to work and back have calculated it on a full tank also and it comes out at 52.4mpg.
has recently had 2 drop links, rear drums cleaned and adjusted. N/s lower arm. And I changed the oil and filter. Gen Renault filter.
tax is £30 for a year and is until may 2014. Mot is due so will have a year on it plus any repairs needed shall be done. Mileage is coming up to 50,000.
If I sell like that with receipts was thinking £5000 Ono with complete set of standard wheels and standard springs and dampers.
Or return to standard and ask£4500 Ono?
image.jpgimage.jpg
The first pic is with -45mm and wheels blue the second is not long before. Got rid of wind deflectors.

225 Cup & Williams
Looking to sell my 56 2 owner inferno 225 cup but I'm unsure on price.

56 2006 plate
62k miles
10 months mot
4 months tax
FRSH
Optional Recaros

2 owners inc myself. My brother was the first owner. He bought the car from new.

receipts for nearly every part or work carried out on the car including the original purchase receipt for the car.

Mods:

Helix clutch kit
RS Tuning Stage 2 map
270 bhp & 300 ftlbs
Manley forged con rods
Arp rod bolts
ACL bearings
Ktec intercooler
Forge actuator
Forge recirc valve
Ktec 2.75 cat back exhaust
Samco boost hoses
Ktec carbon .r spoiler
R26.r headlights
6000k 55w HID kit

The car is in really good condition for its ages and has been fault free during my brothers ownership and also myself and I'm sure a few of the Scottish members on here can vouch for it's condition.

Anyone got a rough idea?

225 Cup & Williams
Sounds a nice motor but I'm clueless re megs.. needs lsd ;)

Tbh unless your driving fairly hard all the time you won't need an LSD. My brother has an r26 now which I've driven a fair amount and I find day to day driving there is absolutely no difference between it and my 225 unless your gunning it but even then my 225 still manages to put the power down very well.

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
Tbh unless your driving fairly hard all the time you won't need an LSD. My brother has an r26 now which I've driven a fair amount and I find day to day driving there is absolutely no difference between it and my 225 unless your gunning it but even then my 225 still manages to put the power down very well.

Is there any other way to drive ;)

Golf Mk5 GTi
Not sure this it the right place to ask this but I am thinking about changing the alloys on my my 182 - currently have the anthracite cup pack alloys. Am just after an indication of a realistic price i would be likely to get on them really. Had a look on ebay, not many on there and they either have no bids or are buy it nows. They aren't in perfect condition but they are in better than average (imo). Each has a Michelin PE2 on, two are just above the legal limit and two have reasonable tread on them. Any help appreciated. Cheers

Golf Mk5 GTi
Turinis? Throw a pic up

The standard 8 spoke cup wheels - a side pick of car attached, can take close ups tomorrow when light if anyone wants. There is a bit of paint missing from one of the center caps that i forgot about - can see this on the back one. Am looking at possible getting Turinis :) but before i splash out would be useful to know how much i'd be able to recoup on these :)

View attachment 107749

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
Might be an idea to px against turinis. .. I reckon yours and £200 would get you a set of turinis in need of a refurb ;)

Golf Mk5 GTi
Might be an idea to px against turinis. .. I reckon yours and £200 would get you a set of turinis in need of a refurb ;)

Cheers, would probably need to sell them after the new ones were ready to go though, do you have an idea of how much not doing a part ex? Thanks matey.

Golf gti & 172
What sort of money would a set of 5 oz f1's fetch with no tyres and needing refurb. Theyre not genuine renault ones but the ones with oz racing stamped on the lips

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
Looking to sell my 56 2 owner inferno 225 cup but I'm unsure on price.

56 2006 plate
62k miles
10 months mot
4 months tax
FRSH
Optional Recaros

2 owners inc myself. My brother was the first owner. He bought the car from new.

receipts for nearly every part or work carried out on the car including the original purchase receipt for the car.

Mods:

Helix clutch kit
RS Tuning Stage 2 map
270 bhp & 300 ftlbs
Manley forged con rods
Arp rod bolts
ACL bearings
Ktec intercooler
Forge actuator
Forge recirc valve
Ktec 2.75 cat back exhaust
Samco boost hoses
Ktec carbon .r spoiler
R26.r headlights
6000k 55w HID kit

The car is in really good condition for its ages and has been fault free during my brothers ownership and also myself and I'm sure a few of the Scottish members on here can vouch for it's condition.

Anyone got a rough idea?

What pistons does it have.
If it were mine id try 6k first. imo you will end up at 5.
Very narrow market.

225 Cup & Williams
It's running the standard pistons. I didn't feel there was any need to go for forged pistons as I wouldn't see the benefits of them.

It is a very narrow market I agree. I was thinking around the £5750 mark.

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
My mate has this and wants to sell. I'm thinking of buying but don't know what they're worth.

2005 Black Renault Clio 1.2 16V, and by 1.2 that's what it is not a 182 :eek:
Has some history but no cambelt change

What's the private market value?

Last edited:

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
I usually search eBay mate. . Better than any guide as you will see what real people are willing to pay..

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
My mate has this and wants to sell. I'm thinking of buying but don't know what they're worth.

2005 Black Renault Clio 1.2 16V, and by 1.2 that's what it is not a 182 :eek:
Has some history but no cambelt change

What's the private market value?

Around 1200 quid.

Golf Mk5 GTi
Hi all - I have the annual 'would like a new car' itch. Contemplated just changing wheels but gone off that idea, but I do keep looking at the idea of a R26. Now, to help decide if i should act on the itch, or ignore it for another year or so, I was just wondering of an approximate value of mine, if someone with a bit more knowledge can help!

Have a 'full fat' 182 in Black Gold, 2005 '54' plate, just under 73,000. Am the forth owner - I purchased the car Jan last year, previous owner since Jun 07. All standard bar a Miltek cat back exhaust. Has original splitter still too. Just over a years MoT (it failed on the headlamp washer jets which i had replaced). One advisory - the front tyres close to limit - currently PE2s all round but will be replacing the fronts with Goodyear F1s in the next week or two. Very good condition IMO bar a couple of bits. Someone kindly ran a key over the bonnet, and there is a slight scuff on a wheel arch - am getting these done, again in next week or two. There are a couple of car park dings, one on each side, they were there when I got it, will be leaving these at the moment though. None are all that noticeable. Wheels in decent condition. Interior in very good condition, inc steering wheel. Air con could do with a gas though. Service history:

11643 - 09/06 Renault
23570 - 09/07 Ind
34940 - 11/08 Renault
43663 - 11/09 Renault
53780 - 01/11 Renault
58727 - 01/12 Renault
62570 - 01/13 Renault
71477 - 11/13 Ind (someone my family and I have used for several years)

Belts done by Renault 01/10 @ 45,413 miles

Cheers :)

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
2k? I had the same itch a while ago, I say go for it. It's not like you have got a load of mods to worry about selling on or loosing loads of money on... R26 are awesome out of the box and a massive step up from your standard spec!

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
2k? I had the same itch a while ago, I say go for it. It's not like you have got a load of mods to worry about selling on or loosing loads of money on... R26 are awesome out of the box and a massive step up from your standard spec!

I'd say this is about right.. Give me 4k and this and I'll swap ;)

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
So, I’m thinking of selling my R27. It’s a 2007 57 plate on 72,500 miles and could do with some advice around pricing etc.

It could currently do with a few quid spending on it, it needs 2 handbrake cables (well one as it's seized), a small dent in the rear quarter repairing and it has a small patch on the drivers bolster that has worn through (typical mk3 Recaros!). Also, the wheels could do with a refurb.
I think this would set me back around £400-500 to put right, however I’m weighing up whether it's worth spending this money or selling as is.

Details:
Ultra Red R27 number 264
72,500 miles
MOT Oct 2014
Tax Apr 2014
All standard R27 equipment A/C, Recaros, Cup chassis, Red Brembos, Anthracite wheels, Cruise control. No options that I’m aware of.
Gearbox is nice and smooth, no clunks or crunches etc. (common issue on mk3's) oil was changed last year to some Fuchs stuff recommended by Opie Oils
Manifold flexis are in good condition (another common problem on mk3's)
It's had the belts done by me. Old parts and photos available (correct tools used which Steve Murr may confirm as all parts/tools were bought through him)
Serviced twice (soon to get a third) by me during my ownership (since Apr 2012) but stamped prior to this in the book (receipts for all parts I’ve fitted available)
Recent set of Uniroyal Rainsport 2's fitted (about 1,500 miles ago)
Front callipers completely stripped and rebuilt inc new piston seals and paint last year (full write up and guide written by me is on 197.net)
New drop links and anti-rotation links last year.
New front discs/pads and rear pads mid 2012 (plenty of meat left all round)
both front springs are fairly new 1 was replaced just before I bought it and the other soon after I bought it.
A Pipercross panel filter is the only modification (oh, and some lego tyre valve caps)

It's been very well looked after in my ownership, other than the few small things it currently needs (mainly cosmetic apart from handbrake cable) anything it's needed it has had. In the next few weeks it will be serviced again, decent quality oil will be used and OE filters and new plugs this time too.

I would hope to get £5k+ for it as it currently stands as most R27's currently seem to be £6-7k+, but would it be worth me getting the wheels, seat and rear quarter done? Would it actually make that much difference to the sale price?

Thoughts?

Nimbus Clio 197
What would you chaps think My 54 plate FF 182 in Racing Blue be worth? Great condition. It's on 71,000 ish, cambelt not due until June 2015, aux belt approx a year later if I remember correctly (receipts to prove all work done) and book stamped. Has newly refurbished turinis, a stainless (quiet!) Janspeed exhaust and is on Eibach Sportlines, otherwise standard.