ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

how much is my car worth?

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
already having to spend over £1000 on it this month because of tax insurance and service etc all at once but now its going in to get painted to sort out the scratch where someone keyed it im paranoid its going to happen again so thinking about selling it....

2003 Iceberg Silver 172
33,000 miles
2 owners (inc me)
1yrs mot
8months warranty!
6months tax
just had 36k service and aux belt
cup splitter
Sportlines
ITG filter

cheers,
martin

TeZ

Non RS : (
DO NOT undervalue it mate ppl are bringing down the price of clios on here and there is no need.

Mk4 .:R32
seems a bit drastic if you're only doing it cos your car got keyed. I've seen sh*tboxes that have been keyed before.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
not selling it just coz it got keyed ive been fed up spending loads on it constantly and when someone does that it just pisses u right off! costs me about £700-£800 a month just to run it thats before anything needs done!

TeZ

mine is £200 petrol, £110 insurance , £250 payment, and been another £200-300 on repairs and belts brakes etc etc mot.

TeZ

I have hardly any disposable money tbh mate, i am getting pay rise in jan so will gte rid of mine and get a more ' reliable motor :( '

Mines all taxed, insured and serviced until next July, unless it goes wrong I won't need to spend a penny on it till then.
That insurance is ridiculous, I was in the same position as you, nearly got a 172, but the insurance was £1800 versus £950 on the Gti, sod paying an extra £850, a 172ff is obviously quicker, but not by as much as you might think and certainly not worth the additional £850 on the insurance.

Its probably worth between £5.5-6k.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Mines all taxed, insured and serviced until next July, unless it goes wrong I won't need to spend a penny on it till then.
That insurance is ridiculous, I was in the same position as you, nearly got a 172, but the insurance was £1800 versus £950 on the Gti, sod paying an extra £850, a 172ff is obviously quicker, but not by as much as you might think and certainly not worth the additional £850 on the insurance.

indeed sir

the Lupo is far cooler than a 172 anyday too imo

indeed sir

the Lupo is far cooler than a 172 anyday too imo

Took me a few months to grow to like it to be honest as I was dead set on an RS Clio, didn't help that one of my mates bought a 182 at the same time.
Im not sure if mine is an especially good example, but I planted it in top gear the other day and it climbed all the way to just under 140 jelly babies, sat nav was reading 130 smarties, need to get it rolling roaded as im not sure its meant to go that fast!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
aye, i thought they only gobbled about 125 smarties?

do you have a seventh ratio? lol

drop a 1.8T in there, that'll sort it out

aye, i thought they only gobbled about 125 smarties?

do you have a seventh ratio? lol

drop a 1.8T in there, that'll sort it out

Mines a five speed unfortunatly, one of the first, I think VW claims 127 mph (maltesers per hour). This seems to do 130gps without too much bother which is obviously knocking on the door of 140 on the clock.
Tempting, although apparently they are abit feisty with a 1.8t, abit like a 147 gta, too much power.

Meg on pistonheads £6995
how do you guys live?! :S

£800 per month for a Clio!

i pay £85 insurance plus my petrol

^ ^ agreed - £800 is more than my mortgage :-O

If I sold it tomorrow, the dCi has cost me just 22ppm or £256pm all-in over 60K, 4 years 4 months

Depreciation: £5300 (new to current value)
Servicing incl. discs & tyres: £850
Mods: £1200
Insurance @ £300p.a: £1299
Tax (£50 down to £35): £205
Fuel (60K @ 60mpg: £4500

£13355 or £256pm, 22ppm (20 without mods)

Mk1 1.2 & Mk1 172
£220 a month insurance???

Omigod!

Mine was £300 for the YEAR!

u must be retired. . .mines into the thousands on a 1.2

Do you live in Moss-side or something?

When I was 22, my 1.2 Dynamique cost £220 to insure full comp. At 25 I had a Cup full comp at £500 and now aged 29 (living in a terraced house, with no drive or garage and on street parking, in an HU postcode) I pay £300 full comp on a 172 with modifications (all declared).

S2000
Tbh spending that sort of money on it I would sell it, not worth it in the slightest. You could easily sell it and get a Mk1 like mine for example and it would be a lot cheaper especially if you can do any work on it yourself. Insurance I can't imagine would be much more that £100 a month, no payment, similar petrol consumption and maybe a bit quicker ;).

It obviously depends on your own opinions but imo a clio isn't worth spending that much on a month, mine only costs me about £200 a month taking into account petrol and insurance.