ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How much to rebuild engine roughly and on Throttle Bodys??

172 Cup, 1.2 Grande
Well after breaking my old Ph1 172 i still have a Engine which had a bent valve so as in the near future im planning on buying another ph1 so was thinking of carrying on running it around whilst with spare engine rebuilding up forged with cams and Jenveys.

I was just wondering out of what previous people have done similar how much id be looking at roughly to do this and whether it needs forging to run throttle bodys??

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
cost depends how far you go and how well you do the build. Also depends very much on what you find is damaged when you open up the engine

There's no need to go for forged internals to run ITB's. I've done 2 full rebuilds recently with standard bottom ends, and simply added ARP bolts to the con rods.

I would more likely spend more on 1 piece valves, and a good set of cams than go for pistons and rods

172 Cup, 1.2 Grande
Ok cheers mate.

I was thinking that myself tbh as i thought you would'nt need to forge although wasnt 100% sure pal.

Im going to start to strip it down next week anyhows so will find out what the extent is.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Well if you need anything feel free to give me a call :) Balancing is worth doing too IMO which I can have done for you, along with all the bits you might need