ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

how slow is my clio

A silver Honda

What hell are you listening to? lol

Are you the Stig?

Your car sounds nice btw

[Edited by Remedi on 7/9/2005 12:31:57 PM]

Might be worth giving the ca a bit of a service. Only costs a few quid for some new oil, oil filters, air filters and maybe spark plugs

Arctic Blue Clio 182

What alls done to ur clio. That looks pretty quick for a 1.2. 14" alloys or something lol???

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy

not bad at all.. they are both pretty quick to sixty really. sound good too!

Arctic Blue Clio 182

Its only a 1.2 so wouldnt worry about the speed to much lol. Shouldnt be over 60-70mph anyway. You got 17"s then??

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member

Quote: Originally posted by Remedi on 09 July 2005

What hell are you listening to? lol

Are you the Stig?

Your car sounds nice btw

[Edited by Remedi on 7/9/2005 12:31:57 PM]
lol very funny

Remapped derv Golf

So the clock says! I ran my VTR off the clock on a track day ;)
Doesnt mean I was doing 130

Unless youre a flash git with GPS :D

CTR EK9 turbo

..."at the moment i just got a quad exhaust system....
it seems quite nippy, but car cant get over 100 anymore though"

Thatl be the handbag handle on the back then....

my 0-60 was just under 11 seconds
0-100 just over 28 seconds
top speed was 128mph (INDICATED) 109mph (realistically) on the limiter at 6,500rpm in 5th

there was a video of it quite a while back, dont know if anyone still has it on their computer, i dont anymore :(

rev limits, standard is 6250rpm in the 1st 4 gears and 5th has a slightly raised limit of 6500rpm

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

Quote: Originally posted by Bryan on 11 July 2005

my 0-60 was just under 11 seconds
0-100 just over 28 seconds
top speed was 128mph (INDICATED) 109mph (realistically) on the limiter at 6,500rpm in 5th

there was a video of it quite a while back, dont know if anyone still has it on their computer, i dont anymore :(

rev limits, standard is 6250rpm in the 1st 4 gears and 5th has a slightly raised limit of 6500rpm
Down a hill mayb!!! Book figure is 13sec... i got low 11s i think... 0-100 i got bored, and 128mph is a HELL of a big Mountain. Ive had jus creepin over the 120 mark.

Arctic Blue Clio 182

I thought the 1.2 16v clios where only geared to 106mph in 5th gear so anything over that must of had the gear ratio bored. Just goin by what i was told as i dont really have a clue tho lol

Maybe down a hill would help :)

V6

lol my 1.2 clio has 17s no enige mods loads of ice etc so load weight and i manged to get 117mph once down steep as fook hill few miles long took ages to get to that speed i can get 95mph easy thou that relistic wudnt say u cud get anyting over 120 donw hill in 1.2 16v <SCRIPT language=javascript>

[Edited by Clio R on 11 July 2005 at 1:09pm]

AJR - the video would show it if it still existed :( but it was a pretty good one, was pushing out 78bhp as standard, and achieved 87bhp IIRC when we had a cliosport rolling road day, all other figures on the day were slightly lower than usual, yet both myself and fred achieved the same power (same mods)

the top speed run was done on the m25, and achieved going through a tunnel, took forever to get there, but as i said, the real speed was more than likely nearer to 100mph than 115mph, im not the sort of person who believes the speedo is the correct speed being done

clio-styling - the 1.2 16v gearbox can achieve over 120mph, however, it will be unlikely that the gearbox would survive much more than 10 miles, as its scarcely good enough for the 75bhp it has standard

clio r - dont believe your speedo, especially with 17s on

850 T5. mmmm Turbo!

I just assumed the 1.2, 1.4 and the 1.6 would all have the same gearbox. guess im wrong.

whats the 1.4 geared for? the book says mine goes 116, but its been to 130 on the clock, surly it cant be that far out.

thanks to clio 007 for the comment on my one handed 0-60 time, im sure the camcorder cost me a couple of tenths. ; )