ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How to access purge valve / carbon cannister?

Cliomaxx69

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 2002
Hi, I was wondering if you could access it without removing the bumper and headlight? Maybe through the wheel arch? Thanks.

I need to access it because it might be stuck open, my car struggles to start when fuled up a'd when cold.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Hi, I was wondering if you could access it without removing the bumper and headlight? Maybe through the wheel arch? Thanks.

I need to access it because it might be stuck open, my car struggles to start when fuled up a'd when cold.
It wont be related.
You can remove it from the inlet and just block it off.

Most likely crank sensor related

Cliomaxx69

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 2002
Okay, symptoms seem to be stalls and other things that don't happen to my car.
I got it mapped to run E85, started right up every morning in my garage at around 12°C but since the sun is coming out it's 15°C in my garage and it struggles to start now. Someone me'tionned the purge valve stock open but I have no idea

Cliomaxx69

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 2002
Espace F4RT injectors and Megane 225 spark plugs. I've been running E85 only for a month and a half

Cliomaxx69

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 2002
I thought about swapping the fuel pump for a bigger one but my tuner said it wasn't necessary, he has runs E85 in his 182 for years no issues

Cliomaxx69

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 2002
I've heard that only rubber fuel lines would suffer from E85, which apparently are only on older cars. It's been running perfectly ever since, only started to struggle to cold start a few days ago